Registered Nurse/RN Med/Surg-General 3 West Urology Unit Days
- Job Title
- Registered Nurse/RN Med/Surg-General 3 West Urology Unit Days
- Job ID
- Valdosta, GA
- Other Location
South Georgia Medical Center is hiring for a Registered Nurse (RN) in our Med/Surg-General Urology Unit to work full-time in Valdosta, Georgia. This full-time RN job will be a day shift position.
The Registered Nurse job in the Med/Surg-General Urology Unit will provide care to patients needing surgery or have had surgery and need to stay in the hospital overnight or for several days to recover. The registered nurse provides care for a variety of general and urology surgery patients for positive patient outcomes and quality of care. The registered nurse will also collaborate with a multidisciplinary team to improve patient outcomes. Also, the registered nurse will serve as a role model by actively participating in the process of continuous professional development, teaching and learning across the healthcare continuum. This 31- bed unit will provide nursing care, 1:5 patient ratios, excellent customer service, critical care nursing by motivated, competent, and professional nursing staff.
General Surgery/Recovery Nurse Job Requirements:
- Active Georgia License
- Med Surg Experience Ideal
- Critical Care Nursing Experience Ideal
- Surgery Experience is a plus
General Surgery/Recovery Nurse Job Responsibilities:
- Communicates the patient’s status to peers, supervisors, and patient’s physician as appropriate
- Evaluate effectiveness of implemented nursing care
- Completes and documents ongoing assessments
- Completes and documents initial patient assessment
- Sets priorities appropriately for care of patients
- Organizes workload to complete work assignments within scheduled shift and times
- Working to collaborate with others to assertively move patient along the continuum of care
- Ability to communicate clearly with, and care for diverse population of patients/family units of all ages, a variety of cultures, and/or persons occasionally exhibiting stressed behaviors.
South Georgia Medical Center is a not-for-profit medical system dedicated to be the leader in improving the health, wellness and quality of life in the community. With 418 licensed beds and more than 300 affiliated physicians and 2,600 employees, SGMC, its campuses, and affiliates provide a broad range of high quality healthcare services. SGMC is in Valdosta, Georgia and serves 380,000 residents across a 15-county service area.
SGMC was established to care for the sick and injured, regardless of sex, race, creed, color, nationality, handicap or disability. As an self-supporting medical system, SGMC proudly provides care for the sick and injured with no local tax support. Because SGMC is publicly owned and operated, any earnings are reinvested back into the system's facilities and services. This also allows SGMC to fund valuable outreach and education programs that benefit local students, seniors, the uninsured and many others.
If you want to work on a highly-regarded team, while increasing your skills, and working with the latest and most advanced technology, apply today then contact our RN recruiter Bridget Gray 229-518-9895.
- Required Skills
• Current RN License in State of Georgia
• CPR required
• One (1) year experience in related specialty area preferred.
• Ability to work well individually and as a team leader or member.