Charge Nurse/ PCC RN/ Registered Nurse - Observation Unit (4 Medical)
- Job Title
- Charge Nurse/ PCC RN/ Registered Nurse - Observation Unit (4 Medical)
- Job ID
- Valdosta, GA 31602
- Other Location
We’re hiring for a Charge Nurse Patient Care Coordinator / Registered Nurse (RN) in our Observation Unit to work full-time in Valdosta, Georgia. This full-time Registered Nurse (RN) job will be a night shift position.
The Charge Nurse Patient Care Coordinator / Registered Nurse (RN) job in the Observation Unit will provide care to patients in the overflow to the ED. The Patient Care Coordinator promotes positive patient outcomes and quality of care. The Patient Care Coordinator will also collaborate with a multidisciplinary team to improve patient outcomes. Also, the Patient Care Coordinator will serve as a role model by actively participating in the process of continuous professional development, teaching and learning across the healthcare continuum.
Observation Unit Charge Nurse Patient Care Coordinator / Registered Nurse (RN) Requirements:
- Active Georgia License
- CPR required
Observation Unit Charge Nurse Patient Care Coordinator / Registered Nurse (RN) Responsibilities:
- Communicates the patient’s status to peers, supervisors, and patient’s physician as appropriate
- Evaluate effectiveness of implemented nursing care
- Completes and documents ongoing assessments
- Completes and documents initial patient assessment
- Sets priorities appropriately for care of patients
- Organizes workload to complete work assignments within scheduled shift and times
- Working to collaborate with others to assertively move patient along the continuum of care
- Ability to communicate clearly with, and care for diverse population of patients/family units of all ages, a variety of cultures, and/or persons occasionally exhibiting stressed behaviors.
South Georgia Medical Center is a not-for-profit medical system dedicated to be the leader in improving the health, wellness and quality of life in the community. With 418 licensed beds and more than 300 affiliated physicians and 2,600 employees, SGMC, its campuses, and affiliates provide a broad range of high quality healthcare services. SGMC is in Valdosta, Georgia and serves 380,000 residents across a 15-county service area.
SGMC was established to care for the sick and injured, regardless of sex, race, creed, color, nationality, handicap or disability. As an self-supporting medical system, SGMC proudly provides care for the sick and injured with no local tax support. Because SGMC is publicly owned and operated, any earnings are reinvested back into the system's facilities and services. This also allows SGMC to fund valuable outreach and education programs that benefit local students, seniors, the uninsured and many others.
If you would like to work with a highly regarded team, increase your skill set, and work with the latest technology, please apply! You may also contact out nurse recruiter Jaymee Hindawi at Jaymee.Hindawi@SGMC.org
- Required Skills
• Current RN License in State of Georgia
• CPR required