WORK TO BUILD HUMANITY’S FUTURE IN SPACE
- Job Title
- Systems Engineer
- Job Order ID
- Begin Date
- Jacksonville, FL 32256
- Other Location
Systems Engineer - Aerospace
INSPIRED TO CONTRIBUTE TO BUILDING HUMANITY'S FUTURE IN SPACE; ENABLING PEOPLE TO GO TO THE MOON, MARS AND BEYOND?
Our Jacksonville, Florida client is looking for a Systems Engineer with at least 3 years of experience participating in developing breakthrough manufacturing technologies for space and terrestrial spin-offs. Their goal is to radically change the way we do space missions today by building everything you need for space, in space.
The Systems Engineer will have experience with designing, building, and testing experimental space systems. The Systems Engineer will apply model-based systems engineering architectures such as SysML, and design tools such as Python, Matlab, Excel, etc.
- 3+ years of experience as an Aerospace Systems Engineer
- Hands-on project experience involving space systems engineering
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fluency in computational modeling, simulation, and design tools such as Python, Matlab, Excel, etc.
- Demonstrated excellence in technical communication
- Familiarity with commercial, governmental, and/or military systems engineering best practices and standards
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Up to 30% Travel Required
- Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be required.
B.S. in relevant Engineering Discipline: Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
M.S. or equivalent in Systems Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or Physics a plus
Made In Space is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with MIS is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
All offers of employment at Made In Space are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the Click Here
- National health and dental plans.
- Paid vacations and holidays.
- Life Insurance.
- Short and long term disability plans.
- 401(K) retirement plan.
- Flexible spending account.
- Incentive and recognition programs.
- National discount programs.
- Relocation opportunities.
- Required Skills
Must be passionate about space!