WORK TO BUILD HUMANITY’S FUTURE IN SPACE
- Job Title
- Systems Engineer
- Job Order ID
- Begin Date
- Jacksonville, FL 32256
- Other Location
Systems Engineer - Aerospace
Made In Space is looking for a Systems Engineer with at least 3 years of experience participating in developing breakthrough manufacturing technologies for space and terrestrial spin-offs.
Develop and maintain systems engineering deliverables such as system requirements specifications, concept of operations (CONOPS) documents, and interface control documents. Perform analysis supporting requirements decomposition and flowdown. Plan, support and document execution of requirements verification and validation. Create, maintain, and use engineering budgets, system-level analysis documentation, and figures-of-merit to assess designs throughout the project lifecycle. Author and present systems engineering portions of milestone technical reviews for internal and external stakeholders. Collaborate and coordinate with project managers, technical discipline leads, and business development to mature novel design solutions for next generation applications. Assist with implementing configuration management processes in compliance with existing standards. Assess continuously all systems engineering processes for potential optimization.
- 3+ years of experience as an Aerospace Systems Engineer
- Hands-on project experience involving space systems engineering
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fluency in computational modeling, simulation, and design tools such as Python, Matlab, MBSE (e.g., Sparks), Excel, etc.
- Demonstrated excellence in technical communication
- Familiarity with commercial, governmental, and/or military systems engineering best practices and standards
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and demanding environment
Travel Required- An average of 10-15% travel may be required. Most of the travel is local but some overnight travel may be required
B.S. in relevant Engineering Discipline: Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
M.S. or equivalent in Systems Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or Physics a plus
- National health, dental and vision plans.
- Paid vacations and holidays.
- Life Insurance.
- Short and long term disability plans.
- 401(K) retirement plan.
- Flexible spending account.
- Incentive and recognition programs.
- National discount programs.
- Relocation opportunities.
Made In Space is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with MIS is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
All offers of employment at Made In Space are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the Click Here
- Required Skills
Must be passionate about space!