BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
VMware (ESXi) Systems Engineer
- Job Title
- VMware (ESXi) Systems Engineer
- Requirement ID
- St. Louis, MO 63118
- Other Location
The Systems Engineer will design and define system architecture for new or existing computer systems. Team member will perform complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
- Install, configure and manage VMware virtualization environment components (vSphere, vRA, vROPS, ESX, NSX).
- Provide Operation and Sustainment support for the virtualization environment.
- Ensure virtualization systems are compliant within required security standards.
- Develop and maintain O&S Standard Operating Procedures for VMware virtualization environment.
- Support diagnoses and troubleshooting of problems with the virtualization environment including Microsoft Windows and Linux O/S systems.
- Within established procedures, responds to end user requests for technical support and assistance.
- Support off-hours maintenance activities.
- Support the Certification and Accreditation process for virtualization hosts.
- Gain familiarity with current data center infrastructure.
- Maintain current industry knowledge of development concept, practices and procedures
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the ITEMS DCS baseline capabilities, design and objectives.
- Perform systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
- Plan upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
- Develop documentation on new or existing systems.
- Develop and conduct tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
- Identify, analyze, and resolve system problems.
- Provide system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
- Determine system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
- Provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibility.
- May serve as a technical team or task lead.
- Serve as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participate in special projects as required.
- Required Skills
Education/Min Years Experience:
• BA / BS
• 5+ years of related systems engineering experience
• Current VMware and/or Cisco UCS experience in their current job or within the last 2 years.
• Advanced knowledge of systems engineering principles, methods, and techniques.
• Knowledge of the current industry hardware, software, and equipment.
• VMware virtualization expertise is required to support both onsite and remote site activities.
• Hands-on experience designing and implementing vROPS and/or Log Insight in a production environment, to include developing policies and custom dashboards
• Professional certification in one or more relevant technologies.
• VMware ESX 6.0/6.5/6.7
• VMware vROPS 6
• Windows Server 2008R2/2012R2/2016
• Unix/Linux familiarity
• Windows 7/8/10
• TCP/IP, DNS, Local Area Networking, AD, GPO
Active US Government Security Clearance Required.
- Optional Skills
• VMware and/or UCS certification preferred, but not required.
• Cloud experience (AWS, Azure)
• Cisco UCS Cloud Platform
• VMware NSX
• Experience creating and implementing workflows and blueprints for use with VMware vRA solution (vRA, Orchestrator)
Remedy Experience a plus
Technical written & verbal communication skills (technical writing)
Experience supporting Intelligence and/or DoD Customers