Board Eligible Physicist
- Job Title
- Board Eligible Physicist
- Job ID
- Casper, WY 82609
- Other Location
Job Purpose: Primarily and professionally engaged in the design optimization, technical evaluation and precise and accurate delivery of radiation for patient care. Responsible for the radiation safety of patients, staff and public and for the design and implementation of the quality management that involve the use of external beam radiotherapy equipment, therapeutic isotopes and imaging equipment.
- Provide medical physics service in a manner to meet or exceed established standards of practice.
- Calibrate therapy equipment in a manner suitable for accurate radiation dose delivery, under supervision of certified physicist.
- Direct the determination of radiation dose distributions in patients undergoing treatment (i.e. computerized dosimetry planning or direct radiation measurement).
- Direct the design and construction of patient treatment aids or special devices (blocks, compensators, molds, etc.).
- Participate in the acceptance testing of new equipment and treatment devices.
- Active participation in the radiation safety program for the radiation oncology department.
- Participate in equipment planning and evaluation, program planning, marketing, staff review and budget preparation.
- Maintain proper records necessary for JCAHO, NRC, state, or other regulatory agencies.
- Develop policies and procedures related to radiation safety and radiation oncology physics.
- Provide consultation for personnel radiation exposure as needed.
- Design and implement pertinent aspects of the quality management program that involve the use of external beam radiotherapy equipment and therapeutic radioisotopes.
- Assist in the evaluation of new technologies and implement as needed.
- Consult with the radiation oncologists, as required, concerning patient doses and optimization of patient treatment plans and delivery.
- Provide technical direction of radiation oncology staff as specified by the department medical director.
- Serve as the focal point for machine maintenance and repair.
- Monitor equipment to ensure that correct and consistent results or outputs are achieved and ensuring that ongoing maintenance routines are followed.
- Troubleshoot problems with hardware and software as needed.
- Regular attendance and punctuality.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Ensures that all processing and reporting deadlines are consistently achieved.
- Perform any other functions as required by management.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Ability to work a flexible schedule (including overtime, and weekends), as necessary.
- Compliance with the ABR Standard for Continuing Medical Education.
- Masters or PHD in Medical Physics.
- ABR eligible and working toward ABR certification.
- Valid Driver’s license & Reliable Transportation.
Excellent judgment, dependability, conscientious performance. Detail oriented. Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Caring and empathetic. High ethical standards. Mechanical ability and manual dexterity for operating complicated equipments. Treatment planning experience.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
Our executive team doesn’t hide the fact that they care. Patients come first. Period. It’s refreshing in today’s business environment to know that the bottom line is more than profits.
There’s nothing better than being part of a team that makes a difference in the world. Every person contributes to the quality of experience our patients and families have.
We prosper as a company when we grow as individuals. We are committed to being the best we can be by empowering our team members to grow personally and professionally.
Commit to something big
There are many benefits to being part of the e+CancerCare team – including competitive pay, health insurance, paid time off, 401(K), ongoing training, team member assistance program and service days. But at the end of the day, we believe the most important benefit is making a difference in the lives of our patients and their families.
I’ve been with e+ for over seven years. We’ve grown rapidly over that time but haven’t lost the family feeling. I love that any teammate in the company will help each other out to do what’s best for our patients.Chris Burgess, Vice President of Clinical Operations
I am surrounded by an awesome management team, nurses and peers. The home office gives us a lot of autonomy to do what's best for our patients, families and communities.Brittany Fortie, Lead Nurse, Oncologics and Lafayette General Hospital
You hear people say, ''we’re a family,' but at e+ it’s not just words, you actually feel it. Everybody is so happy and caring. I love working here and getting a chance to brighten the day for our patients and families.Jamie Gilbert, Patient Concierge, Oncologics, New Iberia