Registered Nurse/RN - Nursery PRN Flexible
- Job Title
- Registered Nurse/RN - Nursery PRN Flexible
- Job ID
- Valdosta, GA
- Other Location
We are hiring for a Registered Nurse, (RN), to work in our Nursery in Valdosta, Georgia. This PRN position will be a flexible shift.
The Registered Nurse job in the Nursery consists of Registered Nurses who provides medical care for infants who have just been born. The Registered Nurse in this department monitors mothers and diagnosis as well as updates data. The Registered Nurse duties also include dispensing medication and performing diagnostic tests and procedures, such as blood draws and intubation. They also operate monitoring devices, change feeding tubes, and provide care specific to the needs of each infant. Also, the Registered Nurse will serve as a role model by actively participating in the process of continuous professional development, teaching and learning across the healthcare continuum. Within this position, the Registered Nurse will provide specialized nursing care excellent customer service, critical care nursing by motivated, competent, and professional nursing staff.
Nursery Registered Nurse Job Requirements:
- Current RN License in State of Georgia
- CPR required
- One (1) year experience in related specialty area preferred
- Ability to work well individually and as a team leader or member
- Demonstrated ability to assess and adapt to new situations, think critically, manage priorities and utilize problem-solving techniques
- Ability to read and interpret policies, standards, and think critically evaluating patient care issues
- Strong clinical nursing skills in assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation
Nursery Registered Nurse Job Position Summary:
- Provides advanced level nursing care.
- Coordinates patient's plan of care with physicians and other disciplines.
- Provides education/training of new nurses.
- Provides patient & family education.
- Maintains an atmosphere, which ensures South Georgia Medical Center's values, goals, policies and procedures are consistently supported and enforced.
South Georgia Medical Center is a not-for-profit medical system dedicated to be the leader in improving the health, wellness and quality of life in the community. With 418 licensed beds and more than 300 affiliated physicians and 2,600 employees, SGMC, its campuses, and affiliates provide a broad range of high quality healthcare services. SGMC is located in Valdosta, Georgia and serves 380,000 residents across a 15-county service area.
SGMC was established to care for the sick and injured, regardless of sex, race, creed, color, nationality, handicap or disability. As a self-supporting medical system, SGMC proudly provides care for the sick and injured with no local tax support. Because SGMC is publicly owned and operated, any earnings are reinvested back into the system's facilities and services. This also allows SGMC to fund valuable outreach and education programs that benefit local students, seniors, the uninsured and many others.
If you would like to work on a highly regarded team, while improving your skills and working with the latest technology, please apply! You may contact our recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Required Skills
Current RN License in State of Georgia
One (1) year experience in related specialty area preferred