Geriatric Psych RN (Full Time Registered Nurse) - Nashville GA
- Job Title
- Geriatric Psych RN (Full Time Registered Nurse) - Nashville GA
- Job ID
- Nashville, GA 31639
- Other Location
We’re hiring for a Registered Nurse (RN) in our Geriatric/Psych Unit to work full time in Nashville, Georgia. This full time RN job will be a 7am-7pm position.
The Registered Nurse job in the Geriatric/Psych Unit consists of daily collaboration with a multidisciplinary team to improve patient outcomes in a geriatric setting dealing with some psych patients. Also, the registered nurse will serve as a role model by actively participating in the process of continuous professional development, teaching and learning across the healthcare continuum. Within this position the RN will provide specialized nursing care excellent customer service, critical care nursing by motivated, competent, and professional nursing staff.
Nurse Job Requirements:
- Active Georgia (or compact) RN License
- BLS for Healthcare providers
- Psychiatric/ Geriatric Experience required
- 1-year minimum Nursing Experience required
- BSN a plus
Geriatric/Psych Nurse Job Responsibilities:
- Assess patient condition, administer medications, change dressings, monitor vital signs
- Completes and documents ongoing assessments
- Provide education to patients and their families about the recovery process
- Sets priorities appropriately for care of patients
- Keep records and provide patients with support and education
- Working to collaborate with others to assertively move patient along the continuum of care
- Ability to communicate clearly with, and care for diverse population of patients/family units of all ages, a variety of cultures, and/or persons occasionally exhibiting stressed behaviors.
South Georgia Medical Center is a not-for-profit medical system dedicated to be the leader in improving the health, wellness and quality of life in the community. With 418 licensed beds and more than 300 affiliated physicians and 2,600 employees, SGMC, its campuses, and affiliates provide a broad range of high-quality healthcare services. SGMC is in Valdosta, Georgia and serves 380,000 residents across a 15-county service area.
SGMC was established to care for the sick and injured, regardless of sex, race, creed, color, nationality, handicap or disability. As a self-supporting medical system, SGMC proudly provides care for the sick and injured with no local tax support. Because SGMC is publicly owned and operated, any earnings are reinvested back into the system's facilities and services. This also allows SGMC to fund valuable outreach and education programs that benefit local students, seniors, the uninsured and many others.
SGMC is fully accredited by The Joint Commission, the highest mark of quality in the healthcare field, and has earned additional recognition at the state and national level.
To be immediately considered for the Full Time Geriatric/Psych RN job, or for further questions contact nurse recruiter Jaymee Hindawi at Jaymee.Hindawi@SGMC.org or schedule your phone screen now.
- Required Skills
Nurse Job Requirements:
• Active Georgia License
• Geriatric experience is a Plus
• 1-year minimum Nursing Experience required