Human Resources Manager
- Job Title
- Human Resources Manager
- Job Order ID
- Begin Date
- Jacksonville, FL 32256
- Other Location
Human Resources Manager - Aerospace
INSPIRED TO CONTRIBUTE TO BUILDING HUMANITY'S FUTURE IN SPACE; ENABLING PEOPLE TO GO TO THE MOON, MARS AND BEYOND?
Our Jacksonville, Florida client is looking for a Human Resources Manager with 5-7 years of experience to participating in developing breakthrough manufacturing technologies for space and terrestrial spin-offs. Their goal is to radically change the way we do space missions today by building everything you need for space, in space.
Made In Space is looking for an HR Manager who will be responsible for evaluating employee programs, recommending improvements to employee policies and procedures, and making sure that all employee related policies align with corporate goals and established regulations. The successful candidate will help build an amazing culture; keep employee turnover low; and identify, attract, and communicate with top talent to support our cutting edge technology development and commercialization programs. This person will help to develop, continually refine, and implement our talent & culture strategy. The HR Manager will act as a change agent.
- Develops and administers various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel.
- Plans, organizes, and controls all activities of the department. Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Implements and annually updates the compensation program. Rewrites job descriptions as necessary. Conducts annual salary surveys and develops merit pool (salary budget). Analyzes compensation. Monitors the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Develops, recommends, and implements personnel policies and procedures, preparing and maintaining the handbook on policies and procedures. Performs benefits administration including: claims resolution, change reporting, approving HR related invoices for payment, annual re-evaluation of policies for cost-effectiveness, information activities program, and cash flow.
- Develops and maintains affirmative action program. Files EEO-1 annually, Maintains other records, reports, and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt, nonexempt, and temporary workers. Writes and places advertisements. Works with supervisors to screen and interview candidates. Conducts reference checking. Extends job offers. Conducts new-employee orientations. Monitors career path program and employee relation counseling. Conducts exit interviews.
- Establishes and maintains department records and reports. Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings, such as seminars. Maintains organizational charts and employee directory.
- Evaluates reports, decisions and results of department initiatives in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state, and local employment laws.
- Direct experience managing an exit from a Professional Employer Organization (PEO).
BA in Human Resources or Business related experience. Masters and PHR/SPHR or SHRM certification preferred.
Made In Space is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with MIS is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
All offers of employment at Made In Space are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the Click Here
- National health and dental plans.
- Paid vacations and holidays.
- Life Insurance.
- Short and long term disability plans.
- 401(K) retirement plan.
- Flexible spending account.
- Incentive and recognition programs.
- National discount programs.
- Relocation opportunities.
- Required Skills
Must be passionate about space!