Join our Team
Are you a mobile innovator? We're looking for you.
We aren’t looking for employees. We’re looking for partners. Partners who will join our team with excitement for the innovations we build every day.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
Scrum Product Owner
- Job Title
- Scrum Product Owner
- Houston, TX 77042
- Other Location
Job Description: Scrum Product Owner
The Scrum Product Owner is a central role within the Engineering Department and the Scrum Framework for P97 Networks, Inc. reporting directly to the Director of Agile Delivery and Strategy. Most of the responsibilities of the classical product manager and the project manager are combined within this single role. The Scrum Product Owner will represent P97’s end customer and/or other stakeholders and is responsible for maximizing the value of the product by ensuring that the right work is done at the right time.
The Scrum Product Owner is also responsible for writing user stories that align with the product features, plays a significant role in quality, and works with the product manager to prepare features and user stories for continuous planning cycles. In addition, the Scrum Product Owner will champion efforts to attain product vision and objectives, write acceptance criteria for user stories, and ensures that user stories meet Definition of Ready and are updated.
The P97 Networks, Inc. Scrum Product Owner must work very closely with the Scrum Team and coordinates their activities over the whole lifetime of the project. The Scrum Product Owner is responsible for ensuring the agile development team works from a set of verified priorities as well as delivers customer/business value through product features and is the conduit to other business partners for the team.
- Managing the Scrum Product Backlog
- Creating, maintaining, and clearly describing the Scrum Product Backlog items
- Prioritize the items to best achieve goals and mission
- Ensuring that the Scrum Team understands the items in the Scrum Product Backlog.
- The Scrum Product Owner may delegate certain activities (physically maintaining the Scrum Product Backlog), but in the end he/she remains responsible.
- Release Management
- The Scrum Product Owner is responsible for reaching the project goals.
- Creates and maintains the release plan and decides about deliveries, functionalities, and the costs of a project.
- Manages the Scrum Team by creation and prioritization of appropriate Scrum Backlog items
- Stakeholder Management
- Collect and discuss required functionalities with the different Stakeholders (e.g. internal/external customers, marketing/sales, professional service.)
- Combine and filter requirements before giving them to the team in the form of a prioritized Scrum Product Backlog Items.
- Provides periodic status updates to business stakeholders and management and is the point-of-contact for the Agile team with the business and SMEs.
- Collaborate with others to uphold business priority and vision.
- Work with business sponsors to specify and scope features and understand and optimize functionality.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Demonstrate new and existing functionality to both internal and external users.
- Work closely with the Scrum Team
- Responsible for ensuring that everyone on the Scrum Team understands what is required for a successful project outcome.
- Responsible for checking and accepting the Sprint results during the Sprint review session.
- Drive the development of test cases and works closely with stakeholders and the test team to implement a test.
- Review and analyze existing functionality for areas of improvement.
- Serve as the final arbiter of project requirements questions.
- Shares in defining project vision with the Director of Agile Delivery and Strategy and communicates this vision with the development team.
- Assesses the business value of feature requests, product and technical requirements then prioritize work according to the value assessment.
Key Success Factors
- Experience with mobile commerce, retain fuel systems, fleet cards, and/or payments and processing application development projects
- Champion efforts to attain product vision and objectives.
- Drive the development of test cases.
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM-related field
- CSPO or other professionally recognized technical certifications related to agile/scrum or product/project management are strongly preferred (PMP, CSM, IIBA, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience working on scrum/agile projects focused on agile development in a mobile application environment
- Experience with .Net application development projects
- 1+ year of experience as a project manager or product owner leading an IT project
- Ability to manage work time to ensure the accomplishment of specific goals.
- Strong experience in working across multiple cultures, countries, and working with complex large corporations
- International or global/virtual project or program management experience
- Technical aptitude and a passion for staying current with new and upcoming technologies to ensure the best possible solutions for clients.
- Strong understanding of common standards (ISO, PCI, GDPR, etc.)
- Extensive experience developing relationships with customers and internal leaders.
- Self-motivated and a charismatic leader and peer
This job description provides many examples of the types of responsibilities required but is in not intended to be a comprehensive list. The incumbent will complete other job responsibilities as needed which are not specifically described in this document.
P97’s employees are recognized as a thought leader by peers, customers, and others in the industry with a respected reputation both internally and externally. If you want to be the newest member of a vibrant group of technology leaders in an innovative and entrepreneurial environment, then apply online today to start building solutions that customers will love to use and join a company that truly rewards your hard work and values your talented contributions. For a complete list of our open positions, please visit our website at www.P97.com and career center at http://p97.com/careers/.
P97 rewards your hard work with a competitive compensation plan, comprehensive benefits plan, stock options, 401k with a match, PTO package, and amazing opportunities for career growth and personal development.
P97 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
No calls or agencies please. P97 Networks, Inc. will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Please note, relocation assistance will not be provided for this position. We thank all respondents for their interest in P97. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
P97 Networks is the leading provider of mobile commerce and digital marketing solutions which power new and emerging daily journeys. When you are looking for fuel, food, parking, charging, or convenience retail—our innovative cloud-based mobile commerce platform, PetroZone®, enables mobile payments, customer loyalty programs, and connectivity with the largest universe of gas stations and convenience stores in the US.
We focus on creating connected commerce experiences, whether through your connected car, smartphone, or voice-enabled devices like Alexa. We are experts at cloud-based payment and loyalty aggregation, identity and security, digital offers and settlement, omnichannel marketing, and data insights.
Every day, we are re-imagining connected consumer experiences and trying to make life’s daily journeys a little bit better for everyone. Convenience, speed, and safety are our mission and these are the expectations for the new generation of buyers, sellers, and anyone looking to conduct commerce during their daily drive. P97 is recognized as a thought leader for enabling digital transformation in the convenience retail and fuels marketing industry, and we take hiring very seriously. We further believe the combination of an experienced team, our passion for technology, and our mutual desire to win will make us successful together. We trust you will find our company, and this opportunity, equally compelling.
- Managing the Scrum Product Backlog
Option 1: Create a New Profile
Sign up for the P97 newsletter to stay up to date with news, events, and leading mobile trends.