Join us! We are building something that matters. Juvare solutions save lives, protect property, and strengthen brands.
Career Opportunities in Atlanta, GA and Arlington, VA.
Fulfilling our mission requires innovation, teamwork, energy and a relentless spirit of constant improvement. Our clients depend on us to consistently deliver, because their communities are depending on them. They are in the business of saving lives, and so are we.
Software Engineer, Front End
- Job Title
- Software Engineer, Front End
- Job ID
- Atlanta, GA
- Other Location
- Arlington, VA
JUVARE is a technology company focused on developing innovative enterprise resilience solutions for government agencies, corporations, healthcare providers and higher education around the orld. JUVARE solutions have supported over 500,000 emergency response incidents in all 50 states and 20 countries around the world. JUVARE helps our clients prepare, connect, and respond to protect people, property, and brands.
The Software Engineer is responsible for the design, implementation and support of market leading .NET- based applications used by emergency management in planning for, response to, and recovery from, small- to large-scale incidents.
You will be part of a team that follows a disciplined Agile development process and will interact directly with our Product Management, Professional Services, Client Experience and Support Teams to develop effective, reliable, and scalable solutions. We are looking for a self-directed individual who also functions well in a team environment and has a passion for working with clients to solve their business and support challenges.
Reports to: Manager, Software Engineering
Location: Atlanta, GA or Arlington, VA
- Design and develop high-quality, effective and reliable technical solutions spanning all application layers that meet client needs and result in low defect rates.
- Work closely with Product Owners and Business Analysts to review, elaborate and document system and solution requirements.
- Adhere to the company Agile development process.
- Participate in peer code reviews; review test objectives and test cases.
- Work closely with Client Support on escalated issues to help provide solutions for clients.
- Collaborate with DevOps as needed to support product environments and the automated build/deployment process.
- Remain current on state-of-the-art development tools and programming techniques; participate in educational opportunities and professional organizations.
- Develop strong, collaborative relationships across all teams and departments.
- Evaluate product health and performance using monitoring and load-testing.
- Comprehend and adhere to the OWASP Top 10 security best practices.
- Include Security as a focus every time an application is created or modified.
- Involve the Information Security liaison in the early stages of any major development.
- Understand the ISO 27001 security requirements.
- Comply with all applicable Juvare company policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- 3 or more years’ technical software development experience in a production environment.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Familiarity with C#, .NET, and ASP.NET WebForms.
- Understanding of web services and microservices design.
- Prior experience with SQL Server, T-SQL and stored procedures; skilled in database design, normalization and implementation.
- Knowledgeable about object-oriented analysis, design, and programming methodologies.
- Accustomed to working with Agile processes and methodologies.
- Familiarity with typical data structures and design patterns.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding attention to detail and strong personal initiative and commitment to quality.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to clearly articulate complex technical issues.
- Ability to quickly absorb and incorporate new technologies and procedures.
- Proven experience with version control systems, code management, and common build tools.
- Familiarity with unit testing and integration testing schemes.
- Current with cross-cutting concerns such as security, performance, scalability, maintainability and supportability.
- Passion to deliver top-quality product that exceeds client expectations.
- Experience with XML/XSL stylesheets and transformations.
- Dependency Injection frameworks (Sprint.NET, Unity), and Application/UI frameworks.
- Continuous Integration tools (TFS/VSTS/Azure DevOps).
- Familiarity with domain-specific languages (DSLs) for specialized client contexts.
- Environment deployment/orchestration (Kubernetes, Docker, Ansible, etc.).
- Monitoring and Alerting tools, (New Relic, Datadog, etc.).
- Prior experience supporting highly available solutions in Azure or AWS.
Juvare is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
Benefits and Perks
Extensive Health Insurance Options
401K with Corporate Match
Commuter Expense Reimbursement
No Vacation Tracking
Community Volunteer Opportunities
Monthly Book Club