Registered Nurse/RN - Cardiac Intensive Care, CICU, PRN
- Job Title
- Registered Nurse/RN - Cardiac Intensive Care, CICU, PRN
- Job ID
- Valdosta, GA 31602
- Other Location
We’re hiring for a Registered Nurse (RN) in our Cardiac Intensive Care unit to work full-time in Valdosta, Georgia. This PRN position will be variable shifts.
The Registered Nurse job in the Cardiac Intensive Care will provide care to recovering patients immediately post-surgery. The Registered Nurse promotes positive patient outcomes and quality of care. The Registered Nurse will also collaborate with a multidisciplinary team to improve patient outcomes. Also, the Registered Nurse will serve as a role model by actively participating in the process of continuous professional development, teaching and learning across the healthcare continuum. This 24- bed unit, 12 bed step-down and 12 bed ICU will provide nursing care, excellent customer service, critical care nursing by motivated, competent, and professional nursing staff.
Cardiac Intensive Care Nurse Job Requirements:
- Active Georgia License
- ACLS and BLS Required
- Open-Heart Experience at least 1 year Ideal
- CCRN Ideal
- CRRT Ideal
Cardiac Intensive Care Nurse Job Responsibilities:
- Communicates the patient’s status to peers, supervisors, and patient’s physician as appropriate
- Evaluate effectiveness of implemented nursing care
- Completes and documents ongoing assessments
- Completes and documents initial patient assessment
- Sets priorities appropriately for care of patients
- Organizes workload to complete work assignments within scheduled shift and times
- Working to collaborate with others to assertively move patient along the continuum of care
- Ability to communicate clearly with, and care for diverse population of patients/family units of all ages, a variety of cultures, and/or persons occasionally exhibiting stressed behaviors.
South Georgia Medical Center is a not-for-profit medical system dedicated to be the leader in improving the health, wellness and quality of life in the community. With 418 licensed beds and more than 300 affiliated physicians and 2,600 employees, SGMC, its campuses, and affiliates provide a broad range of high quality healthcare services. SGMC is in Valdosta, Georgia and serves 380,000 residents across a 15-county service area.
SGMC was established to care for the sick and injured, regardless of sex, race, creed, color, nationality, handicap or disability. As an self-supporting medical system, SGMC proudly provides care for the sick and injured with no local tax support. Because SGMC is publicly owned and operated, any earnings are reinvested back into the system's facilities and services. This also allows SGMC to fund valuable outreach and education programs that benefit local students, seniors, the uninsured and many others.
If you would like to work with a highly regarded team, increase your skill set, and work with the latest technology, please apply! You may also contact out recruiter, Kara, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Required Skills