BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Option 2: Create a New Profile
- Job Title
- Web Developer
- Requirement ID
- Springfield, VA 22150
- Other Location
Employment Type: Full-time
Required Security Clearance: TS/SCI (ability to obtain poly)
Required Education: B.A., B.S. in Computer Science or related field or significant commensurate years of relevant experience designing, developing, and implementing web solutions.
Minimum of five (5) years of experience in web design, web architecture, web development, interface design, or software design.
- Develops technical architecture of internet web sites including scripting and user interface design.
- Refreshes internet web site content to ensure accuracy and timeliness of information and images.
- Develops modifications or enhancements to existing internet web programs.
- Work closely with Human Development (HD) stakeholders to interpret and translate business and functional requirements into strong design and implementation plans.
- Design user interfaces for HD and NGC websites and web-based applications including; visual look and feel, graphics, styles, navigation and layout.
- Apply industry best practices and web design standards in conjunction with project requirements.
- Manage time effectively to accurately scope projects and ensure that project schedules are accurate and well communicated with College stakeholders.
- Conceptualize and develop innovative and strategically sound visual concepts and architecture.
- Provides general technical support and troubleshooting.
- In-depth experience developing web-based applications.
- Must have strong analytical, problem solving, and decision making capabilities.
- Experience with SharePoint 2013.
- Experience managing domain names and DNS configurations.
- Competency with Windows and Linux servers.
- Web User Experience Design, Web Development (SharePoint) or Database Administration work roles knowledge.
- Experience with designing and developing complex web sites consisting of multiple levels and accesses and integration of other applications.
- Expert understanding of Web standards and protocols (HTML, XHTML, DHTML, CSS, XML, RSS).
- Experience working in both Windows and UNIX environments.
- Familiar with relational databases such as Oracle and MySQL
- Ability to communicate to all levels of users (internal and external to HD and the NGA College), strong problem solving skills, adaptable, proactive, and willing to take ownership of projects.
- Strong commitment to quality through work products and documentation of activities/processes/procedures.
- Ability to conceptualize, present and execute ideas in a timely manner.
- Experience with PKI (OpenSSL client/server certificate and key creation/registration – Apache SSL web server configuration), Adobe Acrobat Professional, FTP, SFTP, SMTP, DHCP, LDAP, Visual Basic, C++, JSP, JavaBeans, J2EE, BEA WebLogic, WebMethods, XAMPP.
- Working knowledge of Amazon Web Services, Node.js, SQL, Angular.js, REST, ColdFusion, JAVA, Perl, PL/SQL, and VBScript.
- Familiarity and/or working knowledge of NGA and the Intelligence Community.
- Ability to determine and work flow process and information flow maps using tools such as MS Visio.
Work Schedule: Core Hours
Background Screening/Check/Investigation: Successful Completion of a Background Check will be required as a condition of hire.
Benefits: Metronome offers a comprehensive benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefit eligibility is determined on the type of position (full-time, part-time, temporary). Metronome’s range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
Application Process: Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your consideration for employment.
- Select Create Profile and Apply to Requirement
- Complete your Profile and Answer the Questionnaire
- Upload a current resume
- Complete the Online Application and Submit
Evaluation Process: Metronome will evaluate applicants based on how well they meet the qualifications of the position above. Your completed application (including questionnaire, resume, and online application) will be used to determine your eligibility and how well you meet the qualifications for this position.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to your resume and application; if either your resume or application contradicts or does not support your responses, you will disqualify yourself and not receive further consideration for this job.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Metronome does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Metronome is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process should contact Metronome Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-957-4082. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
- Required Skills