Registered Nurse/RN Operating Room Evening
- Job Title
- Registered Nurse/RN Operating Room Evening
- Job ID
- Valdosta, GA 31602
- Other Location
We’re hiring for a Registered Nurse (RN) in our Operating Room to work full-time in Valdosta, Georgia. This full-time Registered Nurse job will be an Evening shift position. .
The Registered Nurse (RN) job in the Operating Room will provide care and support for patients before, during, and after surgery until patient goes into PACU. The Registered Nurse promotes positive patient outcomes and quality of care. The Registered Nurse will also collaborate to assist the surgeon and surgical team in their tasks. Also, the Registered Nurse will serve as the patient advocate and a role model by actively participating in the process of continuous professional development, teaching and learning across the healthcare continuum.
Operating Room Registered Nurse Job Requirements:
- Active Georgia RN License
- At least 1-year of Surgical Experience Required
- Critical Care Nursing Experience Required
- Call & Back-up Required
Operating Room Registered Nurse Job Responsibilities:
- Consults and coordinates with health care team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans
- Conducts pre- and post-operative education
- Serves as the communication liaison to family and members of the operating team
- Takes and monitors patients’ vital signs
- Ensures that operating on correct patient and the correct procedure is being performed
- Provides basic, bedside care
- Prepares and administers (orally, subcutaneously, through an IV) and records prescribed medications. Reports adverse reactions to medications or treatments in accordance with the policy regarding the administration of medications by a licensed registered nurse
- Responds to life-saving situations based upon nursing standards and protocol
South Georgia Medical Center is a not-for-profit medical system dedicated to be the leader in improving the health, wellness and quality of life in the community. With 418 licensed beds and more than 300 affiliated physicians and 2,600 employees, SGMC, its campuses, and affiliates provide a broad range of high quality healthcare services. SGMC is in Valdosta, Georgia and serves 380,000 residents across a 15-county service area.
SGMC was established to care for the sick and injured, regardless of sex, race, creed, color, nationality, handicap or disability. As a self-supporting medical system, SGMC proudly provides care for the sick and injured with no local tax support. Because SGMC is publicly owned and operated, any earnings are reinvested back into the system's facilities and services. This also allows SGMC to fund valuable outreach and education programs that benefit local students, seniors, the uninsured and many others.
To be immediately considered for the Operating Room Registered Nurse job, or for further questions contact nurse recruiter Bridget Gray at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Required Skills
• Active Georgia License
• At least 1-year of Surgical Experience Required
• Critical Care Nursing Experience Required
• Cognitive skills as related to the position