Peritoneal Dialysis & Stroke RN Registered Nurse - 4 West Full Time Days
- Job Title
- Peritoneal Dialysis & Stroke RN Registered Nurse - 4 West Full Time Days
- Job ID
- Valdosta, GA
- Other Location
We’re hiring for a Registered Nurse (RN) in our Medical Surgical Unit with Peritoneal Dialysis & Stroke Specialist unit to work full-time in Valdosta, Georgia. This full-time RN job will be a day shift position.
The Registered Nurse job in the Medical Unit with Peritoneal Dialysis & Stroke Specialist will provide care to patients needing care. The registered nurse promotes positive patient outcomes and quality of care. The registered nurse will also collaborate with a multidisciplinary team to improve patient outcomes. Also, the registered nurse will serve as a role model by actively participating in the process of continuous professional development, teaching and learning across the healthcare continuum. This 31-bed unit will provide nursing care 5:1 patient ratios, excellent customer service, critical care nursing by motivated, competent, and professional nursing staff.
Medical Unit with Peritoneal Dialysis & Stroke Specialist Nurse Job Requirements:
- New Grads Welcome!
- Active Georgia License (required)
- BLS Certification (required)
- Med Surg Certification (preferred)
- Stroke Experience (preferred)
- Neurology or Peritoneal Experience (a plus!)
Medical Unit with Peritoneal Dialysis & Stroke Specialist Nurse Job Responsibilities:
- Communicates the patient’s status to peers, supervisors, and patient’s physician as appropriate
- Evaluate effectiveness of implemented nursing care
- Completes and documents ongoing assessments
- Completes and documents initial patient assessment
- Sets priorities appropriately for care of patients
- Organizes workload to complete work assignments within scheduled shift and times
- Working to collaborate with others to assertively move patient along the continuum of care
- Ability to communicate clearly with, and care for diverse population of patients/family units of all ages, a variety of cultures, and/or persons occasionally exhibiting stressed behaviors.
Full-Time/Days 7A-7P, No Call
South Georgia Medical Center is a not-for-profit medical system dedicated to be the leader in improving the health, wellness and quality of life in the community. With 418 licensed beds and more than 300 affiliated physicians and 2,600 employees, SGMC, its campuses, and affiliates provide a broad range of high quality healthcare services. SGMC is in Valdosta, Georgia and serves 380,000 residents across a 15-county service area.
SGMC was established to care for the sick and injured, regardless of sex, race, creed, color, nationality, handicap or disability. As an self-supporting medical system, SGMC proudly provides care for the sick and injured with no local tax support. Because SGMC is publicly owned and operated, any earnings are reinvested back into the system's facilities and services. This also allows SGMC to fund valuable outreach and education programs that benefit local students, seniors, the uninsured and many others.
SGMC is fully accredited by The Joint Commission, the highest mark of quality in the healthcare field, and has earned additional recognition at the state and national level.
If you want to work on a highly-regarded team, while increasing your skills, and working with the latest and most advanced technology, apply today then contact our RN recruiter Cass Wenner at Cass.Wenner@SGMC.org or click this link to schedule a call!
- Required Skills
• Current RN License in State of Georgia
• CPR required
• One (1) year experience in related specialty area preferred.