Registered Nurse/RN - PRN Observation Unit
- Job Title
- Registered Nurse/RN - PRN Observation Unit
- Job ID
- Valdosta, GA
- Other Location
About South Georgia Medical Center
South Georgia Medical Center is a not-for-profit medical system dedicated to be the leader in improving the health, wellness and quality of life in the community. With 418 licensed beds and more than 300 affiliated physicians and 2,600 employees, SGMC, its campuses, and affiliates provide a broad range of high quality healthcare services. SGMC is in Valdosta, Georgia and serves 380,000 residents across a 15-county service area.
SGMC was established to care for the sick and injured, regardless of sex, race, creed, color, nationality, handicap or disability. As a self-supporting medical system, SGMC proudly provides care for the sick and injured with no local tax support. Because SGMC is publicly owned and operated, any earnings are reinvested back into the system's facilities and services. This also allows SGMC to fund valuable outreach and education programs that benefit local students, seniors, the uninsured and many others.
SGMC is fully accredited by The Joint Commission, the highest mark of quality in the healthcare field, and has earned additional recognition at the state and national level.
SGMC is a member of:
- The American Hospital Association
- The Georgia Hospital Association
- The Southwest Georgia Hospital District
- Vizient MidSouth
- Georgia Alliance of Community Hospitals
- POSITION SUMMARY
- Provides patient care through assessment and implementation of the nursing process for all age
- Current RN License in State of Georgia
- CPR required
- Ability to work well individually and as a team leader or member.
- Demonstrated ability to assess and adapt to new situations, think critically, manage priorities and utilize problem-solving techniques.
- Ability to read and interpret policies, standards, and think critically evaluating patient care issues.
- Strong clinical nursing skills in assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation.
- Ability to communicate clearly with, and care for diverse population of patients/family units of all ages, a variety of cultures, and/or persons occasionally exhibiting stressed behaviors.
- Ability to operate clinical equipment, computer, telecommunication devices and patient information systems.
If you want to work on a highly-regarded team, while increasing your skills, and working with the latest and most advanced technology, apply today then contact our RN recruiter Jaymee Hindawi at Jaymee.Hindawi@sgmc.org
- Required Skills