- Job Title
- Accessioning Technician
- Grand Rapids, MI
- Other Location
Are you detail-oriented and interested in working in a medical setting? Would you like to work for a company nominated as one of the best new companies to work for in America? NxGen MDx has this and more and we are looking to hire an Accessioning Technician.
Our scientists and methods produce best-in-class results and our genetic counselors help patients and their healthcare providers understand those results. Our headquarters and laboratory are located in Grand Rapids, Michigan with a national sales team positioned throughout the country. With our growth, we are seeking an Accessioning Technician to work in our laboratory environment on our Tuesday through Saturday schedule.
What you’ll do every day:
- Perform pre-analytical processing of laboratory specimens into Pathagility database.
- Receive, sort, and perform accurate data entry for all specimens entering the laboratory.
- Process written/electronic requests from the laboratory.
- Identify and document situations that may adversely impact test performance or reporting of results.
- Operate database and retrieve data to compile reports according to established guidelines.
- Verify accuracy, validity and completion of transcribed data.
- Retrieve, print and fax test results and cumulative reports.
- Process and file form requests, records, receipts, and related laboratory paperwork.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- High School Diploma or equivalent with one (1) or more years of previous data entry experience preferred.
- Highly detailed, with a strong focus in recording data accurately.
- Ability to ensure confidentiality.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Drive to work hard and have fun doing it!
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive pay and bonus potential.
- A chance to work with new and exciting medical product.
- A healthy work-life balance. Our commitment to families doesn’t end with our clientele; it is also focused on our employees.
- Rich benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance. 401(k) with company match, gym membership discounts and flex spending accounts are also available.
- Our awesome team. We work hard, but have fun doing it. Our team is collaborative, driven and talented, but we enjoy a few laughs, a game of ping pong in the office from time to time, petting our office dogs, and celebrating our mutual success.