Customer Service Representative
- Job Title
- Customer Service Representative
- Grand Rapids, MI
- Other Location
Are you energetic, detail-oriented and interested in working in a medical setting? Would you like to work for a company nominated as one of the best new companies to work for in America? Or even perhaps a company that prides itself in work-life balance? NxGen MDx focuses on helping young families get a good start in life by delivering best-in-class genetic carrier screening.
Our commitment to families doesn’t end with our clientele; it is also focused on our employees. As a pioneer in advanced genetic carrier screening, we attract the leading minds and technological experts in the field. Our dynamic, high-growth laboratory and customer service divisions are located in Grand Rapids, Michigan with a national sales team positioned throughout the country. We are looking for a Customer Service Representative to join our growing team and be a part of making a difference in people’s lives. We anticipate this position to maintain a schedule of Monday through Friday, 12 pm to 8:30 pm.
Our ideal candidate:
- Receives and reconciles incoming phone calls.
- Communicates with the patient, physicians, internal departments and all other internal and external customers in a professional, courteous, and respectful manner.
- Investigates customer needs and devises methods to improve the overall effectiveness between customers and the NxGen team.
- Documents all customer interactions and problem cases and records subsequent actions taken to resolve.
- Places follow-up phone calls to customers to collect missing information necessary in order to proceed with laboratory testing processes.
- Collects data and information about customer concerns, needs and problems and implements appropriate corrective actions.
- Provides problem solving, troubleshooting, interpretation/consultation.
- Thoroughly updates the Customer Relationship Management System with all information pertaining to a customer’s inquiry.
- Identifies trends in system problems, training or procedural concerns. Makes recommendations and provide feedback regarding corrective and preventive action to the Customer Service Manage.
- Acts as a liaison between departments to address customer needs.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- One to three years of Healthcare customer service experience.
- Proficiency in medical terminology.
- Familiarity with Customer Relationship Management System and Laboratory Information System preferred.
- Experience using Microsoft Office and Google Documents.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- High-energy work ethic with ability to work independently, or in a team environment, while maintaining excellent customer relationships.
- Flexibility to work a 12 pm to 8:30 pm shift.
What’s in it for you?
- Flexible hours
- A competitive wage and bonus potential
- Opportunity for advancement
- A healthy work-life balance. Our commitment to families doesn’t end with our clientele; it is also focused on our employees
- Rich benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance. 401(k) with company match, gym membership discounts and flex spending accounts are also available.
- Our awesome team. We work hard, but have fun doing it. Our team is collaborative, driven and talented, but we enjoy a few laughs, a game of ping pong in the office from time to time, petting our office dogs, and celebrating our mutual success