BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Cloud Engineer - Sr.
- Job Title
- Cloud Engineer - Sr.
- Requirement ID
- Springfield, VA
- Other Location
The Senior Cloud Engineer Candidate will design and define system architecture for new or existing computer systems. Team member will perform complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
- Review completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management and/or clients.
- Plan and direct upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
- Develop documentation on new or existing systems.
- Develop and direct tests to ensure systems meet documented customers' requirements.
- Identify, analyze, and resolve system problems.
- Provide system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
- Determine system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
- Provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- Serve as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participate in special projects as required.
Specific Duties Include:
- Architect, build, maintain enterprise services, and other cloud infrastructure
- Apply Configuration Management disciplines to maintain hardware/software revisions, security patches, hardening, and documentation
- Provide enterprise support to our customers to address issues, questions, and understanding of the environment
- Create, Maintain, and Remove accounts, access, and permissions in our cloud environment
- Provide guidance to security analyst and network engineering staff
- Working Closely with C&A Team to maintain Security requirements for Operation of Cloud systems
- Supporting the establishment, enhancement, and continual improvement of an integrated set of correlation rules, alerts, searches, reports, and responses.
- Coordinating and conducting event collection, log management, event management, compliance automation, and identity monitoring activities for the customer's system.
- Perform routine equipment checks and preventative maintenance
- Performing systems hardening to DoD Standards
- Maintaining up to date documentation of designs/configurations
- Create scripts or code to facilitate automated tasks and infrastructure as code
- Work with other Service Providers to support areas of common interest
- Working with software and hardware vendors
- On-call support is required
This position has availability in either Springfield, VA or Arnold, MO.
- Required Skills
• BA / BS
• 8-10+ years of related systems engineering experience.
• Experience with public clouds such as AWS, Azure, Google, Rackspace
• Experience with private clouds such as VMWare, OpenStack
• Experience with Configuration Management tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible
• Experience as a system architect/administrator/operator in a production cloud environment
• Experience with IAAS, PAAS and/or SAAS cloud technologies.
• Experience with network technologies (MPLS, routing protocols, forwarding), common infrastructure components (IPAM, DNS, DHCP), load balancers, firewalls, virtual and physical infrastructure design
• Experience with Linux distributions such as RedHat, Ubuntu, CentOS
• Experience with Windows Server OS such as Windows 2012r2 and 2016
• Experience with virtualized environments and technologies such as Cloud instances, VMware ESXi, Citrix XenServer, Microsoft Hyper-V
• Experience using DevOps practices to deploy builds from scripts/templates using tools such as GitHub and Jenkins
• Linux and Windows systems engineering experience
• Experience with Cloud platforms
• Experience with systems engineering principles, methods, and techniques.
• Experience with the associated hardware and software used by cloud providers and vendors
• Experience with core enterprise services such as NTP, SMTP, and DNS
• Must be able to support data collection from a large, complex server and network infrastructure and user base
• Must possess a strong work ethic, be self-directed, and be a detail-oriented professional
• Must be willing to learn and adapt to new, cutting edge technologies
• Must possess the abilities be innovative/creative in designing solutions while understand the enterprise impacts and overall scope
• Must be willing to document work and participate in the customer's change procedures
• Must possess excellent time management skills and the drive to work unsupervised
• Must be a team player; willing to both share knowledge and learn from others to ensure the team's success.
• Professional certification in one or more specific technologies may be required, depending on job assignment.
Active US Government Security Clearance Required.
- Optional Skills
• Strong background in Unix, Linux, or Windows servers
• Strong troubleshooting skills
• Scripting/coding skills
• Linux/Windows image creation