BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Firewall Administrator - Sr.
- Job Title
- Firewall Administrator - Sr.
- Requirement ID
- Dahlgren, VA 22448
- Other Location
The Firewall Administrator (Network) candidate will use best practices and knowledge of current technologies and their potential application to the RDT and E Environment, and will assist in assessing the security risk of proposed Firewall modifications.
- Installation of software, application of patches, manage file systems, and monitor performance of Firewall systems.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting of managed systems and networks.
- Perform data backups and restoration of managed systems.
- Assist in the certification and accreditation process for managed systems and networks.
- Assist in the installation and deployment of new Firewall hardware and software.
- Review daily logs for managed systems and report on unusual activity.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) associated with managed systems and applications.
- Collaborate with IT staff on projects and initiatives.
- Provide input for a monthly progress and status report.
- Required Skills
• Prefer a Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited college in a related discipline and prefer a minimum of 10+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Strong proficiency with Firewall functions and operations (proxy, proxy-arp, NAT, stateful packet inspection, circuit layer gateways, and application layer gateway).
• Experience with TCP/IP protocols and the OSI model and how they apply to production systems and networks.
• Shell scripting experience and basic knowledge of various types of Operating Systems including Microsoft Windows, Linux and Unix and their network inter-communications.
• Intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Office software suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts.
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team.
• Must currently hold a DoD 8570 Information Assurance Technical Level II certifications.
Active US Government Security Clearance Required.
- Optional Skills
• Firewall engineering background with Cisco, Juniper or McAfee firewalls.
• Use of web application firewalls, SSL decryption, secure remote access, IDS/IPS technologies, High Availability / Redundancy configurations and network analysis tools.
• IPv6 network and application implementations.
• Familiarity with Department of Defense security guidelines and policies, highly desired.