At AGTC We Are Data Geeks | Team Oriented Transparent | Quality Focused | Leaders
Pre-Clinical R&D Research Associate I/II - Cloning & Production
- Job Title
- Pre-Clinical R&D Research Associate I/II - Cloning & Production
- Job ID
- Alachua, FL 32615
- Other Location
Applied Genetic Technologies Corporation (AGTC) is a clinical stage biotechnology company dedicated to developing novel gene therapies across a wide variety of indications. The Preclinical R & D Research Associate – Cloning & Production is responsible for implementing a scientific plan, and working independently in the lab with minimal supervision.
- The Research Associate I/II will report directly to the Assistant Director, Molecular Cloning.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plasmid construction and large-scale plasmid DNA production.
- AAV vector production, purification and characterization.
- Design and develop new assays with minimal supervision.
- Maintain relevant laboratory supplies and equipment as needed.
- Draft SOPs, tech report and study reports.
- Record, analyze and present scientific results.
- Observe and comply with AGTC’s Employee manual and Safety and Quality manual.
- Knowledge of laboratory safety, OSHA policies, and EPA standards.
- RA I: B.S. with 2 years of experience or M.S., in biological sciences.
- RA II: B.S. with 4+ years of experience, or M.S. with 2+ years of experience, in biological Sciences.
- Hands-on laboratory experience in molecular biology, assays, or related areas.
- Experience in AAV production is a plus.
- Proficiency in basic biological laboratory techniques, including molecular cloning, SDS-PAGE, immunoblot, qPCR, and Transfection.
- Proficiency in mammalian cell culture especially in large scale.
- Experience of AAV and/or other viral vectors is preferred.
- Knowledge of molecular cloning and troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of computer and common office software, e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.