Service Coordinator (RN) Operating Room, Full-Time Days
- Job Title
- Service Coordinator (RN) Operating Room, Full-Time Days
- Job ID
- Valdosta, GA 31602
- Other Location
We’re hiring for a Service Coordinator, Registered Nurse (RN) in our Operating Room to work full-time in Valdosta, Georgia. This full-time, Service Coordinator, RN job will be a day shift position with call and back-up.
The Service Coordinator, Registered Nurse (RN) job in the Operating Room demonstrates professional nursing care to all patients during the “peri-operative phase” and supervision of associated personnel in these and related activities. The dimensions of practice range from preoperative assessment to intraoperative intervention to postoperative evaluation. It is a practice designed to meet an individual patient’s needs through the nursing process, ensuring continuity of care during the surgical experience. By assessment of the individual patient and procedure, the nurse anticipates the needs of the team and provides such services while maintaining an aseptic and safe environment. Establishes, implements, and maintains an inventory of supply items utilized by designated specialty service. Assures availability for current physician preference cards. Assists with product evaluation and education of staff regarding specialty supply and equipment for service. Determines effectiveness and cost efficiency of potential new products as directed by the ASC Director.
Service Coordinator Operating Room Nurse Job Requirements:
- Active Georgia RN License
- Prefer BSN
- Current CPR certification.
- Call & Back-up Required
- Ability to direct employees and give instructions related to tasks and assignments relative to maintaining efficient operations in OR including room turnover, scheduling and achieving departmental efficiency standards.
- Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple and complex correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to patients, patient family members, visitors and other organization personnel.
Service Coordinator Operating Room Nurse Job Responsibilities:
- Consults and coordinates with health care team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans
- Conducts pre- and post-operative education
- Serves as the communication liaison to family and members of the operating team
- Takes and monitors patients’ vital signs
- Ensures that operating on correct patient and the correct procedure is being performed
- Provides basic, bedside care
- Prepares and administers (orally, subcutaneously, through an IV) and records prescribed medications. Reports adverse reactions to medications or treatments in accordance with the policy regarding the administration of medications by a licensed registered nurse
- Responds to life-saving situations based upon nursing standards and protocol
South Georgia Medical Center is a not-for-profit medical system dedicated to be the leader in improving the health, wellness and quality of life in the community. With 418 licensed beds and more than 300 affiliated physicians and 2,600 employees, SGMC, its campuses, and affiliates provide a broad range of high quality healthcare services. SGMC is in Valdosta, Georgia and serves 380,000 residents across a 15-county service area.
SGMC was established to care for the sick and injured, regardless of sex, race, creed, color, nationality, handicap or disability. As a self-supporting medical system, SGMC proudly provides care for the sick and injured with no local tax support. Because SGMC is publicly owned and operated, any earnings are reinvested back into the system's facilities and services. This also allows SGMC to fund valuable outreach and education programs that benefit local students, seniors, the uninsured and many others.
SGMC is fully accredited by The Joint Commission, the highest mark of quality in the healthcare field, and has earned additional recognition at the state and national level.
To be immediately considered for the Operating Room RN job, or for further questions contact nurse recruiter Bridget Gray at email@example.com.
- Required Skills
Current RN License in State of Georgia
One (1) year experience in related specialty area preferred.
Ability to work well individually and as a team leader or member.
Demonstrated ability to assess & adapt to new situations, think critically, manage priorities & utilize problem-solving techniques.
Ability to read and interpret policies, standards, and think critically evaluating patient care issues.
Strong clinical nursing skills in assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation.
Ability to communicate clearly with, and care for diverse population of patients/family units of all ages, a variety of cultures, and/or persons
occasionally exhibiting stressed behaviors.
Ability to operate clinical equipment, computer, telecommunication devices and patient information systems.