BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
- Job Title
- Telecommunications Engineer
- Requirement ID
- Dahlgren, VA 22448
- Other Location
The Telecommunications Engineer will work on a team providing Network Support in Dahlgren, VA. Team member will develop the basis of estimate for the pricing of large and moderate sized or complex projects for telecommunications and related systems.
Duties Include, but are not limited to:
- Review documents such as drawings and specifications to accurately determine the scope of projects, to include all materials, labor, developing a design plan milestones and schedule, identifying resources needed to meet the plan and schedule, and submittals, as necessary to prepare a cost proposal or other pricing document.
- Prepare spreadsheets and coordinate with distributors of data networking products to obtain pricing.
- Prepare/provide supporting design detail (drawings/narratives) and updates, as required.
- Conduct site examinations, as necessary to ensure a thorough understanding of actual site conditions/construction and security requirements, as it relates to the installation of telecommunications and related systems.
- Provide follow-up support (attend meetings, evaluate changes, inspections, etc.) as needed
- Oversee Inventory Warehouse and personnel.
- Required Skills
• Minimum of 5+ years in telecommunications system infrastructure, premise and/or OSP cabling, telecommunications system design, with at least 2+ years in a supervisory or program management role.
• Experience in the use of a variety of test equipment.
• Must have an in depth proficiency of current industry standards (ANSI, EIA/TIA, IEEE, industry standards and other applicable codes related to the design and layout of IT and telecommunications systems and related Federal, State and Local related requirements and standards) and industry related product lines.
• Strong proficiency with Structured Cabling Systems from an installation and basic design perspective.
• Must have above average computer literacy and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, with a strong ability and experience in the development and use of spreadsheets, word processing documents, scheduling tools, estimating tools, and design/drawing tools.
• Must have the ability to read and interpret project drawings and/or blueprints and strong attention to detail.
• Strong math, analytical, communication, interpersonal skills.
• Must have the ability to discern colors used in network cabling and cabling terminations.
• BICSCI RCDD certification
Active US Government Security Clearance Required.