Hemodialysis RN/ Registered Nurse - PRN
- Job Title
- Hemodialysis RN/ Registered Nurse - PRN
- Job ID
- Valdosta, GA 31602
- Other Location
We’re hiring for a Registered Nurse (RN) in our Hemodialysis unit to work PRN in Valdosta, Georgia.
The Registered Nurse job in the Hemodialysis unit consists of the RN performing patient care with for Acute and Chronic Renal failure. The Registered Nurse will collaborate with a multidisciplinary team to improve patient outcomes. Also, the Registered Nurse will serve as a role model by actively participating in the process of continuous professional development, teaching and learning across the healthcare continuum. Within this position, the RN will provide specialized nursing care excellent customer service, critical care nursing by motivated, competent, and professional nursing staff.
Hemodialysis Nurse Job Requirements:
- Active Georgia License
- Dialysis experience preferred
- Med Surg experience preferred
Hemodialysis Nurse Job Responsibilities:
- Assess patient condition, administer medications, change dressings, monitor vital signs
- Completes and documents ongoing assessments
- Provide education to patients and their families about the recovery process
- Sets priorities appropriately for care of patients
- Keep records and provide patients with support and education
- Working to collaborate with others to assertively move patient along the continuum of care
- Ability to communicate clearly with, and care for diverse population of patients/family units of all ages, a variety of cultures, and/or persons occasionally exhibiting stressed behaviors.
South Georgia Medical Center is a not-for-profit medical system dedicated to be the leader in improving the health, wellness and quality of life in the community. With 418 licensed beds and more than 300 affiliated physicians and 2,600 employees, SGMC, its campuses, and affiliates provide a broad range of high quality healthcare services. SGMC is in Valdosta, Georgia and serves 380,000 residents across a 15-county service area.
SGMC was established to care for the sick and injured, regardless of sex, race, creed, color, nationality, handicap or disability. As a self-supporting medical system, SGMC proudly provides care for the sick and injured with no local tax support. Because SGMC is publicly owned and operated, any earnings are reinvested back into the system's facilities and services. This also allows SGMC to fund valuable outreach and education programs that benefit local students, seniors, the uninsured and many others.
To be immediately considered for the Hemodialysis RN job, or for further questions contact nurse recruiter Cass Wenner at Cass.Wenner@sgmc.org
- Required Skills
Active Georgia License
Med Surg experience preferred