Registered Nurse/RN - Radiology Administration Full Time
- Job Title
- Registered Nurse/RN - Radiology Administration Full Time
- Job ID
- Valdosta, GA
- Other Location
We’re hiring for a Registered Nurse (RN) in our Radiology Unit to work FT in Valdosta, Georgia.
The Registered Nurse job in the Radiology unit will provide procedural care to radiology patients pre, during and post procedure. The Registered Nurse promotes positive patient outcomes and quality of care. The Registered Nurse will also collaborate with a multidisciplinary team to improve patient outcomes. Also, Registered Nurse will serve as a role model by actively participating in the process of continuous professional development, teaching and learning across the healthcare continuum. This unit aims to create a safe patient procedural area that works efficiently, adapts quickly and easily, and creates well rounded nurses. We will provide nursing care with 1:1 patient ratios, excellent customer service, and critical care nursing by motivated, competent, and professional nursing staff.
Radiology Registered Nurse Job Requirements:
- Active Georgia License
- 2 years bedside nursing experience
- ACLS mandatory within 1 year of hire date
- Previous experience in Cath Lab, Radiology, OR preferred
- Respond to call within 30 minutes
Radiology Registered Nurse Job Responsibilities:
- Provide full continuity of care for all patients pre/intra/post radiology
- Communicates the patient’s status to peers, supervisors, and patient’s physician as appropriate
- Evaluate effectiveness of implemented nursing care
- Completes and documents ongoing assessments
- Completes and documents initial patient assessment
- Sets priorities appropriately for care of patients
- Organizes workload to complete work assignments within scheduled shift and times
- Working to collaborate with others to assertively move patient along the continuum of care
- Ability to communicate clearly with, and care for diverse population of patients/family units of all ages, a variety of cultures, and/or persons occasionally exhibiting stressed behaviors.
Full Time M-F 8AM-4:30PM No Weekends, 1 Call Shift per week (Must respond within 30 minutes)
South Georgia Medical Center is a not-for-profit medical system dedicated to be the leader in improving the health, wellness and quality of life in the community. With 418 licensed beds and more than 300 affiliated physicians and 2,600 employees, SGMC, its campuses, and affiliates provide a broad range of high quality healthcare services. SGMC is in Valdosta, Georgia and serves 380,000 residents across a 15-county service area.
SGMC was established to care for the sick and injured, regardless of sex, race, creed, color, nationality, handicap or disability. As an self-supporting medical system, SGMC proudly provides care for the sick and injured with no local tax support. Because SGMC is publicly owned and operated, any earnings are reinvested back into the system's facilities and services. This also allows SGMC to fund valuable outreach and education programs that benefit local students, seniors, the uninsured and many others..
If you want to work on a highly-regarded team while increasing your skills and working with the latest technology, apply and/or contact our RN recruiter Cass Wenner at Cass.Wenner@sgmc.org
- Required Skills
Active Georgia License
ACLS mandatory within 1 year of hire date
Previous experience in Cath Lab, Radiology, OR preferred