BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Option 2: Create a New Profile
Junior Instructional Systems Designer
- Job Title
- Junior Instructional Systems Designer
- Requirement ID
- Springfield, VA 22150
- Other Location
Employment Type: Full-time
2 Roles: Curriculum Management and/or Learning Development
Required Security Clearance: TS, we will sponsor for SCI (must be able to be eligible for a CI poly, we will start the process)
Required Education: B.A., B.S. in Instructional Design, Curriculum Management, Instructional Technology, Education, Distance Learning, English, or Human Performance Technology or significant commensurate years of relevant experience designing, developing, and implementing learning solutions.
Required Experience: Minimum of two years’ experience in an educational, corporate training, or professional services environment, with an emphasis on e-learning and multimedia technologies.
- Designs and develops learning solutions using adult learning practices and methods for instructor led, web based, performance-support, distributed learning, or any blend of these delivery methods.
- Possesses high attention to detail, strong written and oral communication skills, and proficiency in Microsoft Office and eLearning authoring software.
- Experience in the design, development, and evaluation of course materials for classroom and e-Learning environments
- Experience in adult learning theory and student-centered pedagogy
- Ability to develop a basic subject-matter understanding through materials provided and ability to perform individual research/collaboration with course/content stakeholders.
- Demonstrated writing, editing, proofreading, and formatting of customer-ready materials.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Strong consulting and interpersonal skills; able to work in a team environment.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to work with senior leadership
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Demonstrated ability to design, develop, and implement instructional materials and solutions following defined processes to include structured courseware, job aids, and informal learning content.
- Demonstrated experience authoring and editing web and computer-based training materials using Articulate Storyline software.
- Experience and/or familiarity with e-Learning standards, to include SCORM and Section 508 requirements, web usability standards and practices, and evaluation models to include Kirkpatrick.
- Familiar with LMSs, specifically Blackboard
- Ability to develop and maintain content to be hosted on learning management systems (Blackboard) or content management systems (SharePoint) as required.
- Familiarity and/or working knowledge of the Intelligence Community and NGA.
- Attained industry learning related certifications such as ATD CPLP, Kirkpatrick, Blackboard, and Articulate Storyline.
- Ability to effectively communicate processes and procedures to faculty as they begin to leverage instructional technologies within curriculum.
Work Schedule: Core Hours
Background Screening/Check/Investigation: Successful Completion of a Background Check will be required as a condition of hire.
Benefits: Metronome offers a comprehensive benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefit eligibility is determined on the type of position (full-time, part-time, temporary). Metronome’s range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
Application Process: Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your consideration for employment.
- Select Create Profile and Apply to Requirement
- Complete your Profile and Answer the Questionnaire
- Upload a current resume
- Complete the Online Application and Submit
Evaluation Process: Metronome will evaluate applicants based on how well they meet the qualifications of the position above. Your completed application (including questionnaire, resume, and online application) will be used to determine your eligibility and how well you meet the qualifications for this position.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to your resume and application; if either your resume or application contradicts or does not support your responses, you will disqualify yourself and not receive further consideration for this job.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Metronome does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Metronome is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process should contact Metronome Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-957-4082. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
- Required Skills