BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
- Job Title
- PostgreSQL Engineer
- Requirement ID
- Reston, VA
- Other Location
Required Security Clearance: TS/SCI (ability to obtain poly prior to start date)
Required Education and Experience:
- HS/GED with 12 years' experience
- Associates with 10 years' experience
- Bachelors with 8 years' experience
- Masters with 6 years' experience
- PhD with 4 years' experience
Required Certification: DOD 8570 IAT Level II certification (i.e. Security+CE) or above
The PostgreSQL Engineer will be responsible for architecting, developing, securing and tuning a large Postgres 9.6/10 database that supports multiple applications and logical replication.
- Design table architecture, build views, scripts, queries, indexes, and secure the data.
- Oversee and monitor performance across several disciplines, and when required, take steps to resolve issues
- Provide expert guidance and direction to Government and Vendor senior level technicians and managers.
- Direct multiple contractor and subcontractors teams through to project completion.
- Select the software development processes in coordination with the customer and system engineering.
- Recommend new technologies and processes for complex software projects.
- Ensure quality control of all developed and modified software.
- Delegate programming and testing responsibilities to one or more teams and monitor their performance.
- Must be able to design table architecture, build views, scripts, queries, indexes, and secure the data.
- Must understand VPD and visibility.
- Must understand how to analyze, troubleshoot, and improve query performance.
- Must have current Security+CE certification.
- Experience migrating data from MongoDB and/or Oracle to Postgres is a plus.
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching, and bending throughout the work day.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will/may be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time / Exempt
Metronome offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status. Metronome LLC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants for employment, to assure that individuals with disabilities enjoy full access to equal employment opportunity (EEO). Metronome LLC shall provide reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities, unless Metronome can demonstrate that a particular accommodation would impose an undue hardship on business operations. Applicants requesting a reasonable accommodation may make a request by contacting us.
- Required Skills