BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
- Job Title
- PostgreSQL Engineer
- Requirement ID
- Reston, VA
- Other Location
The PostgreSQL Engineer will be responsible for architecting, developing, securing and tuning a large Postgres 9.6/10 database that supports multiple applications and logical replication.
Duties Include, but are not limited to:
- Design table architecture, build views, scripts, queries, indexes, and secure the data.
- Oversee and monitor performance across several disciplines, and when required, take steps to resolve issues
- Provide expert guidance and direction to Government and Vendor senior level technicians and managers.
- Direct multiple contractor and subcontractors teams through to project completion.
- Select the software development processes in coordination with the customer and system engineering.
- Recommend new technologies and processes for complex software projects.
- Ensure quality control of all developed and modified software.
- Delegate programming and testing responsibilities to one or more teams and monitor their performance.
- Required Skills
Education/Min years of experience:
• High School diploma/GED with 12+ years of experience
• Associates degree with 10+ years of experience
• Bachelors degree with 8+ years of experience
• Masters degree with 6+ years of experience
• PhD with 4+ years of experience
• Proficient in VPD and visibility.
• Experience analyzing, troubleshooting, and improving query performance.
• Security+CE certification.
Active US Government Security Clearance Required.
- Optional Skills
• Experience migrating data from MongoDB to Postgres is a plus.