BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Cyber Security Analyst II
- Job Title
- Cyber Security Analyst II
- Requirement ID
- Alexandria, VA
- Other Location
The ideal candidate will have an advanced understanding of multiple Operating Systems, monitoring and detection techniques and methods, and Incident Response Lifecycle. Team member must be familiar with the operation of common protocols, network intrusion detection systems, and endpoint detection and response tools.
- Conduct investigations by analyzing and verifying information utilizing log analysis, digital evidence collection and forensic procedures.
- Use Network and Host based tools to monitor and detect potential threats and unauthorized activity across Windows, Unix, Cloud, and Mobile devices.
- Perform forensic and memory analysis on Windows, Unix, Mobile, and Cloud devices and infrastructure.
- Develop and update security content such as IDS signatures. SIEM queries, alerts, and dashboards, Standard Operating Procedures, and other detection and mitigation measures.
- Identify network visibility and technology gaps to make recommendations to improve the organizations overall security posture.
- Automate procedures and develop code to eliminate repetitive manual tasks.
- Collaborate and coordinate with other entities within and outside the SOC.
- Required Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering Field, IT, or Cybersecurity or related field
• 3+ years of experience be in the areas of incident detection and response, remediation malware analysis, or computer forensics.
• Ability to script in one more of the following computer languages:
- Visual Basic
• Must have at least one of the following certifications:
SANS GIAC: GCIA, GCFA, GPEN GCFE, GREM, or GCIH ISC2 CCFP, CCSP, CISSP, CERT CSIH EC Council: CHFI, Offensive Security: OSCP, OSCE, OSWP and OSEE Encase: EnCE, DOD 8570: IAT L3, CNDSP Analyst or IR Carnegie Mellon: CSIH
Must have or be able to favorably pass a 5 year (BI) Background Investigation.
Active US Government Security Clearance Required.
- Optional Skills
• Between 1-2+ years of experience in two or more of these specialized areas:
- Insider Threat
- Digital media forensic
- Monitoring and detection
- Incident Response