BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Capacity Database Manager
- Job Title
- Capacity Database Manager
- Requirement ID
- Springfield, VA
- Other Location
The Capacity Database Manager will be responsible for designing, planning, implementing and administering databases, including security, access, and documentation. The candidate will collaborate with data system source teams, capacity project management, and other engineers in the development of capacity data products.
- Develop rapid and reliable capacity data pipelines that make data easily consumable by analytic tools, other systems, and end users
- Develop tools to monitor, debug, and analyze data pipelines. Design and implement data schemas and models that can scale and utilize Extract, Transform, & Load (ETL) techniques.
- Lead the design, maintenance, enhancement, coding, and administration of the program capacity Postgres relational database
- Analyze and determine program capacity information elements, data relationships, attributes, data flow, storage requirements, data output, and reporting requirements.
- Use and enable Extract, Transform, & Load (ETL) techniques to acquire new data ensuring consistency and integration with capacity data warehouse structure.
- Receive business operations requirements for data and data usage, researches sources for data feeds, and recommends improvements.
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance and providing increased functionality, including performing proactive maintenance to ensure high availability, monitoring performance, documenting changes and solutions to incidents and problems.
- Design and maintain capacity data dictionaries and database structure and layout.
- Collaborate with peers and provide guidance and work leadership to less experienced Analysts.
- May serve as technical team or task leader.
- Stay current on vendors' best security practices in relation to organizational requirements.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Brief technical processes and topics to internal engineering teams as necessary to propagate best practices and ensure capacity project and program success.
- Required Skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related business or technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
• 10+ years of related experience, with at least 4+ years of experience on a program that provides infrastructure services including compute, storage, database, transport, enterprise management, and/or desktop services
• Direct experience database structure and Extract, Transform, Load techniques
• Direct knowledge of data warehouses with emphasis on Python & SQL scripting related to working with large data sets
• Excellent data evaluation skills and use of tools like MS Excel or Tableau
• Ability to present data and concepts to technical audiences
• General proficiency with IT service catalogs for labor and material
• Experience with Agile Scrum practices
• Proficient with IT chargeback methodologies
• Ability to brief prepared financial data as it relates to program capacity
• Excellent time management skills and the drive to work unsupervised or within a small team
• Ability to manage priorities across multiple project tasks
• Ability to work within accelerated schedule timelines while delivering high quality products to the customer
Active US Government Security Clearance Required.
- Optional Skills
• Agile, and or Advanced ITIL Certified preferred.
• Demonstrated experience with the Customer or Mission Partners
• Experience with analytics tools like Tableau, Alteryx, or Talend