BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
- Job Title
- Systems Engineer
- Requirement ID
- Dahlgren, VA 22448
- Other Location
The System Engineer will provide Operation & Maintenance (O&M) support to Windows (2012 or later) servers for corporate solutions and Research, Development, Testing, and Evaluation organizational needs. This environment includes support for Windows Active Directory. O&M support includes patch management, information assurance/security, Storage Area Network (SAN) management, and data backup solutions for the Research Development Testing and Evaluation network.
- Provide engineering support for initiatives including, but not limited to, VMware, IBM Endpoint Manager, Splunk, and NetApp enterprise storage system.
- Configuration and maintenance of domain backup solutions using Symantec NetBackup.
- Administer and maintain endpoint solutions on supported RDT&E networks. Develop, maintain and deploy automated Windows 2012 R2/2016 Server and Windows 7/10 client builds. Assist with Windows server migration.
- Provide O&M support for various Department transition initiatives to Corporate Services.
- Provide Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for designs and implementation strategies of new hardware and software deployments.
- Address requirements for maintaining system security as defined by the Assessment & Authorization (A&A) package.
- Work independently as well as in a support environment to meet deadlines while simultaneously performing multiple tasks.
- Work with the Help Desk; but also with various Department Points of contacts as needed to resolve customer problems.
- Required Skills
• Demonstrated ability to produce system specifications, design requirements, test evaluation planning documents, and technical publications and reports.
• Strong proficiency with current Microsoft supported Windows operating systems.
• Experienced in Windows Active Directory infrastructure administration to include Group Policy Objects management.
• Proficiency with SAN fundamentals to include but not limited to virtual machine and LUN provisioning, snapshots, and zoning.
• Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Must have the ability to multi-task while being meticulous.
• Experience with the Department of Defense (DoD) networking and security accreditation requirements such as Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP).
• DOD 8570 IAT level II certification (i.e., CompTIA Security+ce).
Active US Government Security Clearance Required.
- Optional Skills
• Experience with Citrix, NetApp FAS series storage array, Splunk, IBM Endpoint Manager, VMware ESXi server 5.5 and vCenter Operations Manager are highly desirable.
• Scripting knowledge is a plus, with Powershell, PowerCLI or another language.
• Familiarity with Host Based Security System (HBSS) and Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) is a plus