The Right Jobs for the Right-Brained.
Director of Downstream Marketing, Medical Device Manufacturing
- Job Title
- Director of Downstream Marketing, Medical Device Manufacturing
- Job ID
- Frisco, TX
- Other Location
Agency a la Carte is recruiting for a full-time Director of Downstream Marketing for a global medical device manufacturing company.
The Director of Downstream Marketing will lead, plan, and execute downstream marketing strategies and tactics to drive sustained revenue growth in the highly competitive interventional radiology, vascular surgery and interventional cardiology markets.
Position Overview: The position will work closely with the Sales Teams, Global Marketing; Medical Education, and Sales Training to create and implement effective marketing strategies and drive commercial execution. The candidate will actively contribute to leading the business towards continued growth and organizational development, while building best-in-class marketing capabilities. In all actions, this position demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures. This position has four direct reports including marketing product management staff and is highly visible internally and externally.
- Lead global marketing launch plans for new products, clinical programs and international marketing initiatives
- Manage and develop a direct staff, attract top talent and provide professional development opportunities to staff
- Develop and implement pricing, marketing plans, selling strategies, and promotional programs
- Monitor and analyze sales data for product and market performance and, if necessary, develop and collaboratively execute corrective action plan
- Monitor, adjust, and maintain revenue forecasting
- Develop product promotions for the sales force to distributors and end users, and train sales force
- Lead the development of advertising and sales promotion programs, brochures, ads, slides, posters, and specification booklets.
- Lead the development of clinical papers, white papers and other resources needed to drive thought leadership
- Advertises and promotes company's products and services utilizing various media
- Manages the company’s trade shows
- Evaluate new business and product opportunities
- Work closely with Strategic Marketing relative to phase-gate process, product positioning / messaging and forecasting for new product opportunities
- Provide in-service education to customers to promote understanding on clinical aspects of the product, procedures, and support clinical cases
- Follow complaint protocols and participate in overall issue and communicate with sales force and customers regarding field notifications
- Visit key customers to evaluate products and maintain positive customer relations
- Develop and maintain OPEX and T&E budgets while ensuring a forecast accuracy
- Maintain extensive knowledge of competitive offering and strategies
Education and Skills Requirements:
- Eight to 10 years of experience in Medical Device in a Leadership Role required
- Bachelor's degree required
- MBA preferred
- Interventional Radiology experience preferred
- Sales experience is preferred
- Background in Product Management
- Strong marketing communications skills and knowledge of market research
- Advanced technology knowledge/skills (computers, software, Internet, etc.)
- Ability to communicate well both verbally and written
- Good organizational skills with an attention to detail
- Excellent work ethic and ability to work well on a team
Company Overview: This company is headquartered in Frisco, TX with two other manufacturing plants in the U.S. The brand is recognized for best-in-class products that improve patient outcomes. They take pride in their mission to improve the lives of patients and caregivers through the innovation, manufacturing, and delivering of top-notch medical devices and superior service. The commitment to quality is unwavering - achieved through the dedication of 800+ highly-skilled employees globally.
Next Steps: If you are interested and qualified for this position, please click Apply to Job below. Please attach a cover letter and most recent resume.