BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Systems Engineer III
- Job Title
- Systems Engineer III
- Requirement ID
- St. Louis, MO
- Other Location
Team member will assist the Service Delivery Manager (SDM) for Service Test, to coordinate test requirements and deconflict efforts across test labs. A key role will be interfacing with subject matter experts (SMEs) to drive needed hardware and software upgrades so test environments resemble operational environments. This role provides excellent visibility of the software maintenance and test processes across the Program and interfacing organizations, and offers significant flexibility to architect how test workflows might be improved. This role focuses on leading SMEs and testers to continuously assess test environments and testing methodologies, especially to consolidate test environments and streamline processes. The test lead provides critical oversight that: scheduled testing completes on-time, resolving any issues or blockers; the right test environments are leveraged; and the right test documentation is generated and CM controlled.
- Coordinate service testing, and hardware/software changes, across test environments, leveraging customer and Program CM policies and tools
- Maintain service test/environment documentation, coordinating with SMEs
- Maintain test cases and test data, by entity, architecture and baseline
- Update project schedules and Program status charts
- May support BOE (estimation) for new work, development and review of processes
- Leverage test services across Program teams, to test internal products prior to OPS
- Develop, maintain and execute test plans for multiple baselines and classifications using COTS, GOTS, and FOSS--that is hosted across Windows, Solaris and Linux architectures worldwide.
The Service Test Lead will drive Test work to Closure, including:
- Analyze and document test/environment requirements across entities, efforts and classifications
- Analyze test baselines across entities, architectures and classifications; identify opportunities to eliminate or simplify baselines, configuration management, test scenarios
- Unify software patching procedures across test environments
- Implement common test environments that enable remote test support by external testers and SMEs.
- Drive consolidation of isolated test environments into common test environments.
- Guide development of needed team documentation and configuration management
- Identify and implement test automation and process improvement opportunities
Specific Duties Include:
- Analyze user’s requirements, concept of operations documents, and high level system architectures to develop system requirements specifications
- Analyze system requirements and leads design and development activities
- Guide users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies• Provide technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology
- Incorporate new plans, designs and systems into ongoing operations
- Develop system architecture and system design documentation• Guide system development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of system engineering management plans and system integration and test plans
- Interact with the Government regarding Systems Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues or conflicts
- Responsible for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Systems Engineering area of responsibility
- Communicate with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives
- Required Skills
Education/Min Years Experience:
• HS/GED with 10+ years experience
• Associates with 8+ years experience
• Bachelors with 6+ years experience
• Masters with 4+ years experience
• PhD with 2+ years experience
• Strong attention to detail, with very good organization skills and ability to pivot between highly visible customer priorities: a combination of inflexible and shifting deadlines.
• Strong communicator who shares information across stakeholders, including customer, program management and SMEs, vendor, external program POCs
Active US Government Security Clearance Required.