Director of Product Marketing
- Job Title
- Director of Product Marketing
- Job ID
- Atlanta, GA 30328
- Other Location
The primary role of the Director of Product and Partner Marketing is to develop the marketing and communications strategy, plan and budget as well as to direct and coordinate the implementation of the marketing plan and related initiatives/integrated campaigns, including measuring and tracking results for the Business Development. This position oversees the execution of external and internal communication initiatives that help support and are aligned with EarthLink’s business priorities and objectives. The marketing plan is aligned with the business and revenue objectives and supports the go-to-market strategy in achieving market leadership across our three dimensions of movers, bundlers and shoppers.
Working closely with internal stakeholders and leadership, in particular Product Development, this position is responsible for the deployment of strategic marketing and communications to key stakeholders (EarthLink people, partners, priority accounts, targets, etc.). This position leverages thought leadership and other best practices to provide consistent delivery on key internal and external initiatives and messages across the company. This position also helps to integrate tactical support and strategic guidance in areas of community engagement, public relations and communications.
- Define plans and objectives for segments, products and programs
- Meet with program leads to monitor marketing program execution
- Translate business objectives into strategic marketing plans for implementation at the segment, channel, product level
- Serve as program lead, supervising marketing program development teams
- Incorporate functional expertise such as competitive intelligence or marketing messaging into strategic marketing plans
- Oversee sponsorship programs
- Ensure that businesses and product/service marketing comply with corporate brand standards
- Align marketing plans and messaging, approving corporate, product, and service campaigns
- Serve as a business partner for the difference units of business development assisting in the execution of marketing competencies such as advertising and research
- Review each year’s marketing plans and objectives, providing the units with a strategic framework
- Proven experience launching new campaigns.
- Strong strategic, analytical, problem solving and project management abilities.
- Experience developing external partnerships that drive growth.
- Extraordinary team player and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth, entrepreneurial environment where quality, innovation, speed of decision making and execution are critical to organizational success.
- Strong knowledge of industry practices and benchmarks combined with strategic understanding.
- Ability to communicate effectively on both a technical and a non-technical front
- Logical thinking with the ability to break down larger problem areas into smaller units
- Excellent communication skills
- Good project management and project planning skills
- A good mix of short-term tactical thinking and a long-term strategic outlook
- Team player attitude with prior experience in collaborating with a variety of stakeholders towards common goals
- Dynamic and results oriented with a pro-active “can do” attitude
- Proficient in dealing with ambiguity