BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Mission Systems Engineer
- Job Title
- Mission Systems Engineer
- Requirement ID
- Pasadena, CA
- Other Location
The Mission Systems Engineer will be responsible for the development, planning, and negotiation of specific Deep Space Network (DSN) resources for multiple flight missions.
- Attend mission-planning meetings to gain understanding of mission requirements and to resolve mission-specific issues
- Integrate knowledge of mission and spacecraft requirements (mechanical, navigation, science, telecommunications) with tracking scheduling requirements
- Interact frequently with internal and external mission engineers, scientists and all levels of management to ensure that mission requirements are met
- Communicate final DSN resource allocations with mission personnel
- Assist with providing solutions to technical and engineering problems as they relate to scheduling the DSN
- Determine specific mission DSN resource allocations that meet project sequencing or other project specific needs
- Compute and analyze multi-mission DSN scheduling data and negotiate with other mission operations engineers to finalize DSN resource allocations
- Develop and deliver the mission tracking schedule and display it in graphical format.
- Required Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physical Science or related technical discipline with a minimum of 1+ year of related experience; or Master’s degree in similar disciplines.
• Demonstrated ability to negotiate with peers
• Ability to prioritize work to meet commitments with high quality products.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
• Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen.
Active US Government Security Clearance Required.
- Optional Skills
• General proficiency and application of standard principles, processes, concepts and techniques in mission operations.
• Experience with Deep Space Network operations, current resources and future capabilities.
• Experience in handling the tracking resource negotiation process for flight missions.