Option 1: Create a New Profile
Director of Product Development
- Job Title
- Director of Product Development
- Houston, TX 77042
- Other Location
The Director of Product Development serves as the executive sponsor within the Product Organization to prioritize resources based upon the commercial opportunities available to P97. They are responsible for thought leadership and business planning for the platform in support of P97 strategies while advocating for the development of core capabilities necessary to deliver a market-leading platform.
This role will coordinate and manage a team of Product Owners and Designers to facilitate the development of product capabilities necessary to deliver upon the agreed-upon roadmap, while developing sponsorship within the Executive Team and supporting Business Development with capturing new customer commitments to the products and solutions enabled by the platform(s) for which they are responsible. Prior enterprise-level and start-up experience is required for this role along with prior experience designing and architecting mobile marketing and messaging platforms and mobile applications that delivered enhanced mobile experiences.
- Major responsibilities include: strategy, planning, and management of the internal product team
- Specifying market requirements for the current and future products by conducting field research supported by field team experience with the sales and delivery
- Support global business development activities such as offering development, marketing, proposal development, and other pursuit activities
- Developing and implementing a firm-wide 3-year product innovation roadmap along with a global go-to-market plan, determine long-range product strategy, including R&D budgets, marketing plan, and global rollout working with applicable groups to execute such plans
- Collaborate with SaaS vendors on co-development activities
- Supervise and provide performance management guidance for staff working on the program
- Previous experience as a Technical Product Manager, Solutions Architect, UX Consultant, and/or Technical Team Lead
- Minimum seven years of Product Management experience within the Technology Consulting or Software Industry
- Experience as business owner of product development, implementation, and management in fast, agile technology environments
- Ability to lead and managed a UX team of designers of up to 10 that closely coordinate with UI developers and back-end developers through an aggressive development cycle using Agile/Scrum strategies.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbally and in writing) with internal staff and external stakeholders
- Comfortable speaking in front of a room full of industry executives but can also dive into the details of a challenging quantitative problem to solve customer needs
- Strong critical thinking, analytical problem-solving and negotiating skills; business creativity is a must
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business, Computer Science, or a related field from an accredited college/university
- Demonstrated Strategic orientation pertaining to Product Placement, Marketing, R&D, and Vendor collaboration
- Demonstrated Program Management experience working with large, multi-functional, global teams on innovation programs with experience in managing large projects, team members, and the ability to formulate and express ideas clearly and effectively in verbal and written presentations
- Tech savvy and passionate about building products
- Understanding of internet and marketing platforms and SaaS based software
- Metrics driven: Strong analytical and synthesis skills are a must, including the ability to absorb and process large amounts of data into actionable information
- Ability to manage work time to ensure the accomplishment of specific goals.
- Strong experience in working across multiple cultures, countries, and working with complex large corporations
- International or global/virtual project or program management experience
- Technical aptitude and a passion for staying current with new and upcoming technologies to ensure the best possible solutions for clients.
- Extensive experience developing relationships with customers and internal leaders.
- Self-motivated and charismatic leader and peer
- Strong client services orientation and accustomed to taking an active role in executing projects
- Excellent team building, mentoring, and leadership abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM related field
- Pragmatic Marketing Certified (PMC) III or higher is a plus!
- Technical certification strongly preferred in a professionally recognized area
- Strong understanding of common standards (ISO, PCI, GDPR, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience working on scrum/agile projects
- 5+ years of marketing, development, sales, or product management experience
- 5+ years of experience as a product manager/functional consultant leading an IT project
- 3+ years of experience supporting the alignment of business and IT by providing Business Strategy, Technology Strategy, and IT Planning through consultative, analytical, and road mapping services.
P97 Networks is an innovative, cloud-based Platform as a Service (PaaS) mobile commerce and IoT company. We focus on creating solutions for connected devices with an emphasis on identity and security, payment technologies, and digital marketing. P97 is recognized as a thought leader in the convenience retails and fuels marketing industry. We love our product, PetroZone®, and we take hiring very seriously. We further believe the combination of an experienced team, our passion for technology, and our desire to win will make us successful together.
This job description provides many examples of the types of responsibilities required but is in not intended to be a comprehensive list. The incumbent will complete other job responsibilities as needed which are not specifically described in this document.
P97’s employees are recognized as a thought leader by peers, customers, and others in the industry with a respected reputation both internally and externally. If you want to be the newest member of a vibrant group of technology leaders in an innovative and entrepreneurial environment, then apply online today to start building solutions that customers will love to use and join a company that truly rewards your hard work and values your talented contributions. For a complete list of our open positions, please visit our website at www.P97.com and career center at http://p97.com/careers/.
P97 rewards your hard work with a competitive compensation plan, comprehensive benefits plan, stock options, 401k with a match, PTO package, and amazing opportunities for career growth and personal development.
P97 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
No calls or agencies please. P97 Networks, Inc. will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire
Please note, relocation assistance will not be provided for this position. We thank all respondents for their interest in P97. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.