BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Senior Linux Administrator
- Job Title
- Senior Linux Administrator
- Requirement ID
- Dahlgren, VA 22448
- Other Location
Required Security Clearance: Secret, TS is preferred
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree with demonstrated experience in system administration of Linux-based servers and Linux-based workstations.
Required Experience: Seeking specific experience with the following operating systems and services is required: Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL 7.x)
Linux Administrator who will be responsible for system administration and customer support of servers and workstations in a Research, Development, and Testing, and Engineering (RDT&E) environment. Working as part of a team, administer and manage servers, end-user workstations in both unclassified and classified network environments.
- Utilize Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administration experience to provide technical problem solving and in-depth consulting relative to system operations.
- Automate installation methods and system imaging (e.g. Kickstart/Anaconda).
- Use cryptographic experience to set up public key infrastructure (PKI) to create, manage, distribute, use, store, and revoke digital certificates and manage public-key encryption.
- DISA STIG implementation and work within Configuration-Managed Environments.
- Analyze, design, and implement modifications to system software to improve and enhance system performance by correcting errors.
- Plan new hardware acquisitions, interact with vendors, educate customers, and collaborate with other projects within the organization.
- Work closely with engineers to help them use workstations and servers to solve their computationally intensive problems.
- Support application installation, license management, software tracking / distribution and backup/recovery of system configurations and user data files.
- Understand and use essential tools for handling files, directories, command-line environments, and documentation.
- Operate running systems, including booting into different run levels, identifying processes, starting and stopping virtual machines, and controlling services.
- Configure local storage using partitions and logical volumes.
- Create and configure file systems and file system attributes, such as permissions, encryption, access control lists, and network file systems.
- Deploy, configure, and maintain systems, including software installation, update, and core services.
- Manage users and groups, including use of a centralized directory for authentication.
- Manage security, including basic firewall and SELinux configuration.
- Configure static routes, packet filtering, and network address translation.
- Set kernel runtime parameters.
- Produce and deliver reports on system utilization.
- Use shell scripting to automate system maintenance tasks.
- Configuring system logging, including remote logging.
- Configure a system to provide networking services, including HTTP/HTTPS, DNS, SMTP, SSH and NTP.
- Ideal Linux Admin will have Department of Defense experience with security guidelines and policies (DISA STIGS) is a plus.
- Seeking specific experience with the following operating systems and services is required: Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL 7.x).
- Have knowledge of corporate services including: DNS, SMTP, RHEV, Splunk, Apache.
- Demonstrated experience managing the installation and maintenance of IT infrastructure.
- Hardware experience with Dell systems is a plus.
- Experience working in an environment with rapidly changing job priorities.
- Remedy ITSM Ticket Management experience.
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 15 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the work day.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will/may be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time / Exempt
Metronome offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status. Metronome LLC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants for employment, to assure that individuals with disabilities enjoy full access to equal employment opportunity (EEO). Metronome LLC shall provide reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities, unless Metronome can demonstrate that a particular accommodation would impose an undue hardship on business operations. Applicants requesting a reasonable accommodation may make a request by contacting us.
- Required Skills