Option 1: Create a New Profile
Senior Visual Designer
- Job Title
- Senior Visual Designer
- Houston, TX 77042
- Other Location
Estimated Start Date: Immediate
Location: Houston, Texas
Immediate Supervisor: Product Manager
If you have a passion for design at scale and an aptitude to lead in a collaborative environment, the ability to demonstrate empathy, and can act as a strong advocate for our users, while balancing the vision and constraints of engineering, then this might be the role for you!
P97 Networks, Inc. is currently looking for an experienced Senior Visual Designer to drive and manage projects within one of our primary pillars of excellence. The Product team is focused on building products that help our clients provide a best-in-class application experience for fueling, payments, rewards, offers, connected car, etc. for their C-store customers.
Visual design encompasses multiple disciplines and is employed on a wide range of projects. Visual designers must possess in-depth knowledge of typography, iconography, color, space, and texture.
The Senior Visual Designer at P97 will create visually engaging, innovative, and functional mobile and web products. Responsibilities will include areas of design such as typography, iconography, color, space, and texture.
- Present the user-interface visually so that information is easy to read, easy to understand, and easy to find.
- Prepare work by gathering information and materials.
- Generate clear ideas, concepts, and designs of creative assets from beginning to end.
- Work collaboratively with interaction and product designers to ensure a consistent, integrated brand perception and user-experience.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team that includes engineers and product managers in order to create simple, easy-to-use software.
- Staying in the loop, and on top of, the latest standards, changes, and trends in the visual design field.
Key Success Factors
- 3+ years of relevant experience in visual/digital design with a proven track record of success
- 3+ years of experience in of visual/digital design for mid to enterprise size companies is very helpful
- Proven experience delivering end-to-end (from project brief to shipping) digital products within a cross-functional team environment with an iterative approach that leverages quantitative and qualitative measurement
- Ability to define problems and goals, map user flows, prototype interactions, and oversee the development process across different client platforms
- Demonstrated ability to think at a high level about product strategy but also act–with speed and precision–to identify and deliver the tactical pieces that realize it
- Thorough knowledge and experience across a range of design thinking, approaches, methodologies, including low and high-fidelity prototyping skills
- Proactive initiative that identifies problems and acts on opportunities to improve the product offering
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong collaboration skills across disciplines that drive change in products and teams
- Ability to manage and contribute to multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to work productively on your own and as part of a completely remote team
Please note: Candidates must share an online or PDF portfolio to be considered for this role. Applications without a portfolio are unlikely to be considered. Please
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g., interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, CS, or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience in a related field
- A basic understanding of front-end development and tech (HTML, CSS, responsive layouts, etc.)
- Exceptional UX (interaction design) skills, strong UI (visual design) skills
- A portfolio demonstrating your high-quality designs and problem-solving ability
- Demonstrated experience in crafting usable digital interfaces.
- Mastery of Sketch, InVision, and similar programs in the typical Product Design stack preferred
- Visual design sensibilities as they relate to applying a brand to digital experiences.
- Excellent leadership, communication and collaboration skills.
- 3+ years of practical, in-house product or UX design experience for either consumer or B2B brands with a focus on complex flows and use cases
- Applied experience with service design practices and a practice of constantly evolving your design process
- Applied experience working across all digital and physical manifestations of what we design - from responsive web to native applications to the next technological leap
- Experience working across multiple projects at once
- Ability to time-manage and meet deadlines when needed
- Flexible and comfortable with ambiguity and change during a project lifecycle
- Proactive and articulate communicator and a great teammate across all levels of the organization
- Rigorous attention to detail and consistency
- Proven track record of self-direction and follow-through
P97 Networks is the leading provider of mobile commerce and digital marketing solutions which power new and emerging daily journeys. When you’re looking for fuel, food, parking, charging, or convenience retail—our innovative cloud based mobile commerce platform, PetroZone®, enables mobile payments, customer loyalty programs, and connectivity with the largest universe of gas stations and convenience stores in the US. We focus on creating connected commerce experiences, whether through your connected car, smart phone, or voice enabled devices like Alexa. We are experts at cloud-based payment and loyalty aggregation, identity and security, digital offers and settlement, omni-channel marketing, and data insights.
Every day, we are re-imagining connected consumer experiences and trying to make life’s daily journeys a little bit better for everyone. Convenience, speed, and safety is our mission—and these are the expectations for the new generation of buyers, sellers and anyone looking to conduct commerce during their daily drive. P97 is recognized as a thought leader for enabling digital transformation in the convenience retail and fuels marketing industry, and we take hiring very seriously. We further believe the combination of an experienced team, our passion for technology, and our mutual desire to win—will make us successful together. We trust you will find our company and this opportunity equally compelling.
This job description provides many examples of the types of responsibilities required but is in not intended to be a comprehensive list. The incumbent will complete other job responsibilities as needed which are not specifically described in this document.
P97’s employees are recognized as a thought leader by peers, customers, and others in the industry with a respected reputation both internally and externally. If you want to be the newest member of a vibrant group of technology leaders in an innovative and entrepreneurial environment, then apply online today to start building solutions that customers will love to use and join a company that truly rewards your hard work and values your talented contributions. For a complete list of our open positions, please visit our website at www.P97.com and career center at http://p97.com/careers/.
P97 rewards your hard work with a competitive compensation plan, comprehensive benefits plan, stock options, 401k with a match, PTO package, sponsored sports opportunities, a fun working environment, complementary catered lunches twice a week with a stocked kitchen the rest of the time, education and certification reimbursement, access to an on-site fitness facility, and amazing opportunities for career growth and personal development.
P97 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
No calls or agencies please. P97 Networks, Inc. will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Please note, relocation assistance will not be provided for this position. We thank all respondents for their interest in P97. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.