Option 1: Create a New Profile
- Job Title
- Product Designer
- Houston, TX 77042
- Other Location
Estimated Start Date: Immediate
Location: Houston, Texas
We are currently looking for a Product Designer with broad UX and visual design skills who wants to help create products that change the way people use mobile commerce.
P97 Networks is a mobile commerce company based in Houston, TX dedicated to helping our customers maximize their investment in mobile commerce, with products that engage their users by promoting offers and incentives at the right place and time.
As a key member of our product experience team, the product designer will own the requirements and experience from beginning to end and play a vital role in helping us reinvent the way people use mobile commerce. Our teams are not only solving difficult problems for people, but they have fun doing it — which is the great thing about working here. We hire people with a broad set of skills who are ready to tackle tough challenges and make an impact on millions of users.
We are looking for a designer who relentlessly pursues solutions —not just for beautiful design, but also for a seamless user experience as well. The right candidate will have a genuine passion for web and mobile technologies, have a strong understanding of modern web and mobile design patterns, and possess demonstrated understanding of modern design tools and HTML/CSS. Also, essential: the ability to analyze customer behavior to ensure that the product experience is simple, seamless, sticky, and always enjoyable.
What We Look for in Candidates
This role is essential for guiding the future of our products, so we take it seriously. You need to have depth and breadth. Depth is critical for understanding ownership and how much work you put into an end-to-end experience. We want evidence that you have both thought about a complete product and considered all the complex pieces that go into it. We want a designer who understands designing systems as much as the micro UI components, with product thinking that is mature and complementary to visual and UX design.
Product designer has a strong understanding of business and user journeys. Product designer can manage and support a project independently. They can determent product and design requirements and acceptance criteria.
Product designer works closely with clients and stakeholders. Product designer is responsible for delivering the best possible UX solution to the client.
At P97 Networks we don’t have pure product managers — product designers are also product managers. We need people who demonstrate strength in both areas. Put simply: you should feel ready to rally a team made up of people from around the company to help bring your vision to reality.
- Create great product experiences
- Define user models, storyboards, task flow, and prototypes for one or more of P97’s consumer facing products
- Help create and maintain a consistent set of UI and interaction patterns across the P97 Portal and mobile systems
- Validating ideas and designs using split A/B tests and product performance.
- Solving complex UX issues.
- Delivering a complete UX/UI solution to stakeholders and customers.
- Communicating UX vision to stakeholders, customers and design team.
- Provide feedback to interaction and visual designers.
- Write requirements and acceptance criteria.
- Collaborating and communicating professionally with clients and internal teams.
- Designing user-experiences from low-fidelity sketches to hi-fidelity pixel perfect mockups.
- Measuring recently released product features to establish benchmarks and to identify potential areas of improvement.
- Staying abreast of UX trends and looking for creative ideas and inspiration in parallel analogous worlds.
- Developing interactive reporting dashboards and different types of visualizations.
- Creating rapid prototypes to validate design concepts with stakeholders and customers.
- Highly detailed communication of design principles + direction, as well as design specifications to engineers
- 6+ years’ experience designing outstanding web-based or mobile products
- Solid knowledge of Sketch, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator or Affinity Designer
- Understanding of the role of copywriting in building a great UI
- Proven ability to communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale, using the right media and fidelity within the user-centered design process
- Must be self-motivated to prioritize and manage workload and meet critical project milestones and deadlines
- HTML/CSS knowledge a plus
- Demonstrated comprehensive UX skills
- Visual design skills that demonstrate expertise in brand identity, typography, and color theory
- Understanding of areas that design supports — namely sales and product management — with an emphasis on end users and problem-solving for poor or underserved markets
- Ability to turn projects into products, demonstrating ownership of the process from start to finish—including testing a product with users and knowing when to ship it
- Education: BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial,) HCI, CS, or a related field or equivalent practical experience
- Experience designing complex mobile, web, or brand systems
P97 rewards your hard work with a competitive compensation plan, comprehensive benefits plan, stock options, 401k with a match, generous PTO package, and amazing opportunities for career growth and personal development. If you want to be the newest member of a vibrant group of energized technology leaders in an innovative and entrepreneurial environment, then apply online today to start building solutions that customers will love to use and join a company that truly rewards your hard work and values your talented contributions.
P97’s employees are recognized as a thought leader by peers, customers, and others in the industry with a respected reputation both internally and externally. If you would like to compete for this highly sought after position, please submit your resumes to Julie.Harrison@P97.com. To view additional information on P97, please visit our website at www.P97.com.