BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Senior Data Scientist
- Job Title
- Senior Data Scientist
- Requirement ID
- Tampa (MacDill AFB), FL
- Other Location
Senior Data Science position is located at CENTCOM MacDill AFB, FL working on a 5 person team, 2 other data scientist and 2 methodologist.
Required Security Clearance: TS/SCI
Required Education: A relevant Bachelor’s degree may supplement 4 years of experience and a relevant Master’s degree an additional 2 years. See Required Experience.
Required Experience: 10+ years’ experience of relevant data science experience.
- Duties associated with the qualifications listed below.
- Experience applying multidisciplinary mathematical and statistical models via programming language to large datasets to extract patterns, relationships, and anticipatory behavioral likelihoods that may not be apparent using traditional single discipline means.
- Experience developing tradecraft techniques and training solutions for discovery, preparation, manipulation, and normalization of big data so that methods are repeatable and can be explained to analysts.
- Experience using mathematical concepts and techniques to solve complex GEOINT analysis problem sets, and understand concepts associated with structured data and relational databases.
- Experience understanding and explaining the relationship between the data collected for a real-world problem and the required structure of a relational database to help solve that problem.
- Experience using tools, such as ArcGIS, Excel, Python, SPSS, R, or other statistical packages to analyze and visualize data both temporally and spatially to assist in data integrity checks, ask the next question, and display analytical assessments.
- Experience maintaining, moving, and manipulating data between applications using appropriate software and/or Extract-Transform-Load (ELT) procedures: Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, Microsoft Access database management system and/or ORACLE, Postgresql, or SQL Server and importing and cleaning analyst-provided datasets (Excel, geospatial data, etc.).
- Experience using statistical software (SPSS, SAS, MatLab, etc.), desktop software (MS Office and Access), and the Windows operation environment. Of particular importance is software packages used for advanced statistical analysis of operational data
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm. Additional details on the precise core hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the work day.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will/may be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time / Exempt
Metronome offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status. Metronome LLC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants for employment, to assure that individuals with disabilities enjoy full access to equal employment opportunity (EEO). Metronome LLC shall provide reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities, unless Metronome can demonstrate that a particular accommodation would impose an undue hardship on business operations. Applicants requesting a reasonable accommodation may make a request by contacting us.
- Required Skills