BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Junior Data Scientist
- Job Title
- Junior Data Scientist
- Requirement ID
- Springfield, VA
- Other Location
Performs data analysis, interpretation, and management duties. Develops rules and methodologies for data collection and analysis. Work as part of a small team of data engineers, database developers and visualization specialists to analyze large sets of structured data, looking for anomalies and undiscovered correlations. Combining analytic, Python, and R skills to discover and solve data problems obscured to the layman by the sheer volume of data. Apply fuzzy matching and statistical analysis to find and deal with inaccurate data points or missing data, and work with data providers to correct their input feeds. You will use a variety of tools to profile and visualize data, developing reports, dashboards, and repeatable analyses for leadership.
Required Security Clearance: TS/SCI
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in technology or the sciences, or industry-equivalent experience required.
Required Experience: 2 years of relevant experience.
- Perform deep dive analysis into data sets and reports to identify problems or suspected issues with collected data.
- Analyze business operations requirements for data, evaluate existing data quality, and recommend improvement opportunities
- Analyze output products to assure data quality and conformance to requirements
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts to increase available data quality and speed of delivery
- Participate on an Agile development team, using Scrum techniques, as a contributing development team member
- Collaborate with peers and provide professional assessments of project tasks
- Good Python Scripting
- SQL Scripting
- MS Excel (e.g., vlookup, pivot tables , etc)
- Time management skills and the drive to work with limited supervision within a small team
- Ability to manage priorities across multiple project tasks
- Agile development certifications preferred.
- Familiarity with Agile Scrum methodologies
- Experience with analytic tools like Tableau, Kibana, or Alteryx,
- Experience with relationshal databases like Postgres, SQL Server, Oracle, or MySQL
- Jupyter Notebook
- R Studio
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the work day.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will/may be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time / Exempt
Metronome offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status. Metronome LLC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants for employment, to assure that individuals with disabilities enjoy full access to equal employment opportunity (EEO). Metronome LLC shall provide reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities, unless Metronome can demonstrate that a particular accommodation would impose an undue hardship on business operations. Applicants requesting a reasonable accommodation may make a request by contacting us.
- Required Skills