BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Python Application Developer
- Job Title
- Python Application Developer
- Requirement ID
- Springfield, VA
- Other Location
Performs data analysis, interpretation, and management duties. Develops rules and methodologies for data collection and analysis. Develop and maintain a Python-based data warehouse processing system running on Red Hat Enterprise Linux. Analyze system performance and design improvements. Perform troubleshooting and perfective maintenance to improve performance and reliability. Work closely with ETL engineers, database administrators and business intelligence specialists to incorporate new features and scale the application. Utilize best practices for source control, testing, and deployment of software changes.
Required Security Clearance: TS/SCI
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree in a related business or technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience
Required Experience: 5 years of relevant experience.
- Coordinate with the database administrator to implement and maintain ingest of data ensuring integration with data warehouse structure
- Analyze business operations requirements for data, evaluate existing data quality, and recommend improvement opportunities
- Analyze output products to assure data quality and conformance to requirements
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts to increase available data quality and speed of delivery
- Participate on an Agile development team, using Scrum techniques, as a contributing development team member
- Collaborate with peers and provide professional assessments of project tasks
- SQL and PostgreSQL
- Linux Application Administration-command line i.e. bash, zsh-file system mounts
- Version control i.e. git, svn
- MS Excel (e.g., vlookup, VBA, pivot tables )
- Time management skills and the drive to work with limited supervision within a small team
- Familiarity with Agile Scrum methodologies
- Experience with analytics tools like Tableau, Kibana, Alteryx, or Talend
- Experience with Postgres, SQL Server, Oracle, or MySQL
- Web App development experience i.e. Flask, Django, React, or other like technology
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the work day.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will/may be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time / Exempt
Metronome offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status. Metronome LLC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants for employment, to assure that individuals with disabilities enjoy full access to equal employment opportunity (EEO). Metronome LLC shall provide reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities, unless Metronome can demonstrate that a particular accommodation would impose an undue hardship on business operations. Applicants requesting a reasonable accommodation may make a request by contacting us.
- Required Skills