BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Senior Database Manager
- Job Title
- Senior Database Manager
- Requirement ID
- Springfield, VA
- Other Location
Manages the design, planning, implementation and administration of databases, including security, access and documentation. Responsible for database design, implementation and administration. Collaborate with program teams, and other engineers in the development of data products. Develop rapid and reliable data pipelines that make data easily consumable by analytic tools, other systems, and end users. Develop tools to monitor, debug, and analyze data pipelines. Design and implement data schemas and models that can scale and utilize Extract, Transform, & Load (ETL) techniques.
Required Security Clearance: TS/SCI
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree in a related business or technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience
Required Experience: 5 years of relevant experience.
- Coordinate with Extract, Transform, & Load (ETL) engineers to ingest data ensuring consistency and integration with data warehouse structure
- Implement business operations requirements for data and data usage, analyze new data sources, and recommend solutions and improvements
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts to enhance performance and provide new functionality, including performing proactive maintenance to ensure high availability
- Participate on an Agile development team, using Scrum techniques, as the database technical expert
- Monitor database performance, document changes and implement fixes to incidents and problems
- Develop artifacts to support data dictionaries, database structure documentation and architecture views
- Collaborate with peers and provide professional guidance to less experienced Analysts
- May serve as technical team or task leader
- Present technical processes and topics to internal engineering teams as necessary to propagate best practices and ensure project and program success
- Direct experience implementing Extract, Transform, Load techniques
- Direct knowledge of data warehouses with emphasis on Python & SQL scripting related to large data sets
- Ability to present data and concepts to technical audiences
- Knowledge or experience with Agile Scrum practices
- Excellent time management skills and the drive to work unsupervised or within a small team
- Ability to manage priorities across multiple project tasks
- Ability to work within accelerated schedule timelines while delivering high quality products to the customer
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM), and or Advanced ITIL Certified
- General knowledge of SLA’s and IT service catalogs for labor and material
- Demonstrated experience with NGA or Mission Partners
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the work day.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will/may be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time / Exempt
Metronome offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status. Metronome LLC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants for employment, to assure that individuals with disabilities enjoy full access to equal employment opportunity (EEO). Metronome LLC shall provide reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities, unless Metronome can demonstrate that a particular accommodation would impose an undue hardship on business operations. Applicants requesting a reasonable accommodation may make a request by contacting us.
- Required Skills