Paraprofessional, School-Based, 2019 - 2020 School year, Full-Time, Oakland, CA 94608
- Job Title
- Paraprofessional, School-Based, 2019 - 2020 School year, Full-Time, Oakland, CA 94608
- Job ID
- Oakland, CA 94608
- Other Location
Paraprofessional, Full Time, School-Based, Oakland, CA 94608
Futures Education is seeking a Full-Time Paraprofessional, Oakland, CA 94608
Futures was founded and continue to be managed by, expert practitioners in their fields. Our team is made up of a close-knit family of experts with diverse experiences and an extensive body of knowledge that far surpasses what most school systems, healthcare facilities or community service organizations would have on their own. Currently, we are in 300 school systems, 36 states and have served 30,000 students.
- AA from an accredited school and or 64-semester credits
- Related experience working with autistic students or population
- Assist a certificated teacher in reinforcing instruction to individual or small groups of students with disabilities in a mild-to-moderate or inclusion setting; monitor and oversee student drills, practices, and assignments in various academic subjects.
- Assist students in completing classroom assignments, homework projects in various subject areas; assist with administering and monitoring students during tests as required.
- May include supporting student/s in General Education / Special Education Resource - Pull out/ Push in and One on One student support as assigned
- Assure the well-being of students by following health and safety practices and procedures; refer injured or ill students to appropriate staff as required.
- Assist students with a variety of hygiene, personal care and/or medical activities including, but not limited to, catheterization, feeding, toileting, dressing, washing, or suctioning.
We want and need your passion as a Paraprofessional to help continue our success in making a difference in our students. The primary responsibilities are but not limited to providing assistance to an individual or group setting. You will implement behavior improvement plans, manage student behavior for the purpose of providing a safe, caring environment throughout all facets of the school program and to provide an optimal learning environment. We are so proud of our little ones and now you can join us in being proud of them as well.
Building better lives for people with special learning and healthcare needs is our sole mission.
- Required Skills
AA from an accredited school and or 64-semester credits
High school degree or GED
Related experience working with autistic students or population