Marketing Circulation Expert
- Job Title
- Marketing Circulation Expert
- Job ID
- Boston, MA 02114
- Other Location
Lauded by Travel + Leisure, Condé Nast, World Nomads Solo Traveler, USA Today, and voted the leader in solo travel, Vantage Travel has curated deluxe river and small ship cruises, land adventures, safaris, family and culinary journeys since 1983. Through an enriching roster of included features and Cultural Connections, half a million travelers have experienced firsthand the culture, cuisine, history, and wildlife of more than 80 countries on all seven continents.
Why Work For Us?
If you’ve got a passion for travel and thrive in a dynamic environment where you’ll make an exciting impact on travelers around the world, Vantage may be your dream employer! As we expand our portfolio of travel experiences — including river and small ship cruises and land adventures — and our customer base, we increasingly seek creative, progressive, and motivated professionals to join the Vantage team in our Boston headquarters or in one of our global offices in Budapest, Buenos Aires, Beijing, and Cape Town.
We offer a robust benefit package including your choice of top medical, dental and vision insurance plans, free international travel, a minimum of 3 weeks vacation to start, 3 personal days to use as you wish, on-site gym, lunch walks, wellness initiatives and more.
Job Summary – Senior Director of Circulation and Direct Mail
This is not a remote position.
The Senior Director of Circulation will create, execute, measure and report the impact of integrated direct marketing strategies and campaigns generating leads, reservations and positive ROI. This individual’s primary focus will be leading a team of circulation analysts on print media campaigns including catalog and direct mail as well as integrated email-based components. Essential day-to-day focus will center on circulation/marketing planning, scheduling, audience segmentation, list and campaign management, program performance analysis and forecasting.
- Design and implement complex, multi-wave, multi-channel, triggered communications using proprietary segmentation techniques, modeling and scoring.
- Provide and be knowledgeable in "best practices" in campaign development to optimize efficiency and quality of deliverables.
- Develop and execute multi-channel contact strategies across customer segments touch point channels including catalog, direct mail and email, with the goal of increasing rebuy rates and driving revenue from a robust customer file.
- From data analyses, develop, test and measure campaign strategies that will drive desired customer behavior and results.
- Lead ongoing status meetings along with campaign and program discussions with internal product and channel partners to ensure all parties are in sync with and accountable for their deliverables to support the company’s integrated marketing efforts.
- Deep understanding of list, offer, creative package responsiveness, content relevancy and communications channel engagement: Direct mail, Phone, Interactive (Web, Email and Social).
- Lead the charge to share insights from the customer data needed to drive next day sales while building longer-term business.
Required Skills and Experience
- 10+ years’ experience in direct or database marketing - analytics, direct marketing test design, response analysis, ROI analysis, segmentation analysis, customer profiling, etc.
- 5+ years’ experience with database querying tools, languages and analytical platforms supporting database marketing such as marketing automation and campaign management software solutions. Specific experience with SQL, SAS, Adobe Marketing Suite (Neolane), Business Objects preferred.
- Travel industry experience strongly preferred.
- BA/BS with significant coursework in marketing, mathematics or economics, MBA or equivalent preferred.
- Creative thinking, exceptional analytical skills coupled with solid business foundation, particularly in Database Marketing.
- An innovative, positive, and self-directed attitude – interested in “figuring out” solutions.
- Deep hands-on experience in multi-channel, multi-wave (trigger) direct marketing operations, strategy and analysis.
- Ability to integrate data to new or existing database structures.
- Ability to mine data, using query language(s) to create data for program development support.
- Marketing program forecasting, measurement and assessment.
- Excellent oral/written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong detail orientation, ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and accountability to get the job done.
Vantage’s workplace culture is fun, collaborative, and meaningful. Our associates are fueled by the tangible results of delivering memorable and life-changing journeys while working collaboratively across the globe. Our associates don’t just help others travel, but we enable them to experience the Vantage Travel difference with several opportunities to explore the globe on a Vantage journey, too!
Alongside free annual travel opportunities, we recognize the hard work of our global associates with a competitive benefits package, flexibility, and myriad wellness options. Our convenient location next to TD Garden and North Station puts associates in the heart of world-class downtown Boston and just steps from a major transit hub convenient for city dwellers and commuters alike.
Some of our benefits include:
- Your choice of employer-subsidized medical plans, as well as comprehensive dental and vision plans and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Up to 4 weeks of vacation time alongside 10 paid holidays, 5 sick days, and 3 personal days
- 401K with generous employer match
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Telecommuting and flexible work arrangements depending on position
- Free travel opportunities for associates, plus 25% discount on all trips for the associate and their family and personal airline ticket discounts
- 90% subsidy on MBTA passes inside of Boston and up to 50% subsidy on commuter rail passes
- Wellness program offering weekly fresh fruit delivery, on-site fitness center with Peloton bikes and lockers, weight loss benefits, and discounts on fitness boot camps and personal training
Equal Opportunity Employer
Vantage Travel is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.