BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
- Job Title
- SharePoint Engineer
- Requirement ID
- Springfield, VA
- Other Location
Oversee the SharePoint Server Central Administrator functions of SharePoint 2010/2013 across the organization. Support the installation, configuration, security, operation, and maintenance of servers, equipment, and software related to SharePoint infrastructure.
Maintain and administer Microsoft SharePoint 2010/2013 Servers, including daily monitoring, troubleshooting and performance analysis Install and configure SharePoint software and related components at the server level, including SQL Server, web server and application server. Manage the functionality of features such as Search, view the Audit Log Reports, work with site collection policies, manage the site collection caching, and activate or deactivate Site Collection features. Participate in planning and execution of tasks related to the evaluation of new SharePoint based initiatives (upgraded versions, patching, and integration with additional Enterprise Systems. Perform typical system administrative activities such backup, restore and issue resolution. Provide guidance and recommendations for enterprise deployments of SharePoint. Able to understand, develop, and run PowerShell commands. Maintain current industry knowledge of development concepts, best practices, and procedures for SharePoint 2010/2013 solutions. Ensures compliance with policies and procedures including DoD STIG requirements
Required Security Clearance: TS/SCI
Required Certifications: N/A
Required Education: Bachelors’ degree in computer science, technology or the sciences, or industry-equivalent experience required.
- Experience with 3rd party tools (Metalogix Suite), Data Protection Manager (DPM), Nintex 2013 Forms and Workflows, SharePoint Designer 2010 and 2013.
- Experience working as a SharePoint farm administrator supporting enterprise-wide SharePoint deployments.
- Experience working with SQL Server, Active Directory, PowerShell, and IIS Experience migrating SharePoint 2010 sites to SharePoint 2013.
- Experience managing Windows Server 2012 R2 Database administration experience with SQL Server 2012 R2 and 2014.
- Supports software and web architecture development, requirements analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and legacy systems).
- Interacts with customers and development team to gather and define requirements
- Analyzes and studies customer requirements to determine the most effective software and web technologies to satisfy their needs.
- Designs, creates, tests, and maintains software and web based applications and content solutions to satisfy customer requirements.
- Follows a formal design process using formal specifications, data flow diagrams, other accepted design techniques and also adheres to laws, standards, and established guidelines for development and delivery of software and web applications (e.g., software reuse, modifiable, efficient, reliable, understandable, fault tolerant).
- Coordinates creation and collection of necessary technology components and integrate them into a coherent site design.
- Designs and develops visually-pleasing, content rich, user-friendly interfaces with intuitive navigation.
- Develops and maintains software and web development technical documentation to assist with software and web application maintenance and upgrades.
- Provides software process management and configuration management throughout the software / web development lifecycle.
- See Required Experiences
- Strong knowledge of the overall topology of SharePoint (i.e., all the components and how they work together).
- Consulting experience for federal government customers
- SharePoint certifications
- SharePoint Development skills SharePoint 2016
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 15 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the work day.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will/may’ be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time / Exempt
Metronome offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status. Metronome LLC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants for employment, to assure that individuals with disabilities enjoy full access to equal employment opportunity (EEO). Metronome LLC shall provide reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities, unless Metronome can demonstrate that a particular accommodation would impose an undue hardship on business operations. Applicants requesting a reasonable accommodation may make a request by contacting us.
- Required Skills