BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Algorithm Developer - Journeyman
- Job Title
- Algorithm Developer - Journeyman
- Requirement ID
- Dayton, OH
- Other Location
Required Education: 4 years of experience and a BA/BS. In place of the degree, may substitute 11 years of relevant work experience. Desired: MA/MS degree. In place of the degree, may substitute 15 years of relevant work experience.
Required Experience: see Quals
- Work as a scientific algorithm developer in a fast–paced research and development team on EO/IR imagery systems addressing image collection, characterization and exploitation problems.
- Support informational briefings for educating scientists and managers on research outcomes and the impact on the mission.
- Facilitate technical interaction between two research organizations to promote collaboration and information sharing.
- Conductive selective analysis in order to gain a deeper understanding of existing R&D processes and procedures.
- Leverage technical skills applying remote sensing principles and methods to analyze data and solve problems including: characterize existing and new sensor systems, develop new and improve data analysis techniques, propose collection strategies to address new signature development, develop approaches for signal enhancement and clutter suppression.
- Examples of potential projects include: extract weak signals and identify new signatures from noisy data, object detection and tracking, feature extraction and classification, signal processing, and radiometric analysis.
- Working experience with Matlab and/or Python scripting, infrared image science, signal processing, EO/IR systems.
- Ability to learn new concepts and apply them to meet research objectives is required.
- Able to perform the listed functional responsibilities. Experience is critical.
- Masters Degree
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the work day.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will/may’ be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time / Exempt
Metronome offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status. Metronome LLC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants for employment, to assure that individuals with disabilities enjoy full access to equal employment opportunity (EEO). Metronome LLC shall provide reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities, unless Metronome can demonstrate that a particular accommodation would impose an undue hardship on business operations. Applicants requesting a reasonable accommodation may make a request by contacting us.
- Required Skills