Principal / Senior Project Engineer
- Job Title
- Principal / Senior Project Engineer
- Job ID
- Pine Brook, NJ 07058
- Other Location
- Tri-state area
SESI CONSULTING ENGINEERS, founded in 1976, is a well-respected, progressive, consulting engineering firm in Pine Brook, N.J. SESI has earned an excellent reputation for providing innovative geotechnical, site/civil, and environmental engineering solutions for owners, developers, and the construction industry in the NJ, NY, CT region. SESI is currently expanding to meet the needs of existing clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Establishes major design parameters for projects in conjunction with project design team and client
- Supervises and instructs the responsibilities of the design and field personnel on projects assigned to them
- Manages the time and expense budget allocated to the project based on the estimate within the proposal
- Preparation of proposal estimates of time and expenses required to complete the project
- Interface often with clients and willingness to solve the client’s problems in all of their meetings
- Reinforce business relationships with existing client and develops new relationships with future clients is key
- Manage and perform geotechnical site investigations
- Evaluate the subsurface conditions and provide recommendations and design criteria for ground improvement, deep foundations, shallow foundations, etc.
- Develop direct reports in technical and management disciplines
- Manage and mentor junior staff
- Support business development and growth initiatives
- Participate in professional organizations and networking events
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- BS in Civil Engineering or Geological Engineering and a post-graduate degree in the area of their specialization
- Must have a minimum of 10 or more years of engineering experience.
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE)
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
- Strong analytical and technical communication skills.
- Proficient or familiarity with computer design software (G-Slope, Quake, WEAP, L-Pile, Finite Element Analysis, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication
- Excellent writing skills
- Able to travel within the tri-state area
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- The employee is required to sit for a prolonged period of time and occasionally required to stand; walk; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
We Offer A Competitive Benefit Package to include Health, Dental, Vision insurance, Retirement plan, Paid time off, Tuition reimbursement, and Professional Development Assistance.