Senior Citrix Architect
- Job Title
- Senior Citrix Architect
- Job ID
- Nashville, TN 37205
- Other Location
The Senior Citrix Architect (SCA) will perform technical duties to include planning, implementation managing and troubleshooting, a Citrix/Microsoft Environment. Tasks may also include design, deployment, installation of new software, system upgrades, patch installation, backups, software/hardware problem resolution and various ad hoc requests.
- Citrix Engineering and Provisioning
- SME for Citrix design, management, and escalation
- Engineering of enterprise systems/applications and related solutions for various project and operational needs
- Install new and/or rebuild existing servers (Physical and Virtual) including: configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures
- Contribute to and maintain system standards
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible, automated approaches for Citrix/system administration tasks.Identify approaches that most efficiently leverage our resources and provide economies of scale
- Plan, design, and execute new center integrations
- Operations and Support
- Maintain and manage Citrix related Active Directory environment focusing on GPO driven policies, and user/group management, and potentially cross-domain functionality.
- Maintain and manage Citrix infrastructure including Controllers, PVS, StoreFront, NetScaler, License servers, etc.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request
- Manage Citrix Profile Management and ensure no profile corruption
- Assist with scheduled and emergency systems/applications patching
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support for incident resolution and root cause analysis.Work with infrastructure team, application team and service providers to ensure solid designs and solutions to maintain secure and highly available systems.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures.Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies
- Make recommendations on any server software maintenance, patching, and performance tuning policies and procedures to ensure optimal performance and availability.
- Create / Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures
- Perform periodic Citrix/system performance reporting to support capacity planning
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required
- Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment
- Managing telecom vendor escalation to ensure maximum uptime for all centers
- Interpret and/or discuss complex information with technical resources or business owners effectively; regularly provide advice and recommend actions involving complex issues.
- Mentor other team members in the IT Department
- Responsibility for training of other engineers and developing these training plans
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Ensures that all processing and reporting deadlines are consistently achieved
- Perform any other functions as required by management
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Minimum 8 years industry experience.
- 7+ years experience in Citrix and Windows Server technologies including:
- Citrix 6.5 and above
- Citrix PVS (version 6 and above)
- Citrix NetScaler (version 9 and above)
- Windows Server (2008 R2 and above)
- Active Directory (2008 and above)
- Group Policy in an enterprise environment
- PowerShell Scripting expertise
- Microsoft Certified Professional – MCSE 2008 or above
- Bachelors degree in computer science, information technology or equivalent
- Ability to work a flexible schedule (including overtime, and weekends), as necessary.
- Superior analytical and statistical skills
Other Desired Skills
- Citrix CCE-V
- Citrix CCP-N
- Security experience and credentials (ex: CISSP)
- VMware ESXi 5.5 or current
- Citrix XenApp 6.5 or current
- Veeam Backup Solution
- Knowledge of healthcare IT systems
Strong leadership skills. Exceptional Customer Service Skills. Strong functional Competence. Interpersonal Skill Competency. Stress Tolerance. Initiative. Adaptability. Accountability. Integrity. Self-Confidence. Time Management Skills with an emphasis on multi-tasking.
Physical Demands and work environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: Required job duties are essentially sedentary in nature, consisting of occasional walking, standing, lifting and/or carrying 50 pounds maximum, seeing, speaking and hearing.
Work environment: Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment.
- Citrix Engineering and Provisioning
Option 1: Create a New Profile
Our executive team doesn’t hide the fact that they care. Patients come first. Period. It’s refreshing in today’s business environment to know that the bottom line is more than profits.
There’s nothing better than being part of a team that makes a difference in the world. Every person contributes to the quality of experience our patients and families have.
We prosper as a company when we grow as individuals. We are committed to being the best we can be by empowering our team members to grow personally and professionally.
Commit to something big
There are many benefits to being part of the e+CancerCare team – including competitive pay, health insurance, paid time off, 401(K), ongoing training, team member assistance program and service days. But at the end of the day, we believe the most important benefit is making a difference in the lives of our patients and their families.
I’ve been with e+ for over seven years. We’ve grown rapidly over that time but haven’t lost the family feeling. I love that any teammate in the company will help each other out to do what’s best for our patients.Chris Burgess, Vice President of Clinical Operations
I am surrounded by an awesome management team, nurses and peers. The home office gives us a lot of autonomy to do what's best for our patients, families and communities.Brittany Fortie, Lead Nurse, Oncologics and Lafayette General Hospital
You hear people say, ''we’re a family,' but at e+ it’s not just words, you actually feel it. Everybody is so happy and caring. I love working here and getting a chance to brighten the day for our patients and families.Jamie Gilbert, Patient Concierge, Oncologics, New Iberia