Director of Business Development - Syndications
- Job Title
- Director of Business Development - Syndications
- Job ID
- Los Angeles, CA
- Other Location
The Director of Business Development - Syndications is responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive plan to increase the company’s revenues and profits through re-syndication and revitalization of its existing partnerships with the physician providers and by planning, facilitating and consummating new and additional investment partnership projects and opportunities. This candidate is expected to constantly evaluate, identify, strategically assess and execute opportunities to create long-term growth and value, while working very closely with Leadership to plan and attain those goals.
Focus Areas: Identification and Analysis of Existing Projects to Benefit from Re-Syndication, Development of New Projects Appropriate for Partnership and Physician Investment, Deal Structure and Analytics
Specific Job Functions
- Support the efforts of the Chief Development Officer, Chief Operating Officer and Vice President of Operations for the growth and development of the company, including production of business plans, project budgets and analyses
- Report directly to, and collaborate with, the Chief Operating Officer to target and evaluate new strategic business development opportunities across all market sectors in designated territories, and to identify existing partnership opportunities for investment syndication or re-syndication
- Assimilate information required to produce development or acquisition letters of intent, LLC operating agreements or limited partnership agreements and private offering memoranda, including all ancillary documents such as facility lease agreements, management service agreements and debt-related documents
- Support negotiation and consummation of all deal related documents, working with legal counsel and the management and operations team members
- Be responsible for and oversee production of pro forma financial models for investment offerings of existing projects and prospective opportunities
- Perform or oversee all due diligence tasks for investment syndication projects and assimilate the information for management review
- Coordinate the internal due diligence review and project approval process across multiple functions including legal, compliance, finance, accounting and field operations.
- Coordinate the production and printing of the private offering memorandum documents for the investors, in tandem with the company’s legal representation
- Create the syndication roll-out plan and formal presentation materials, organize and lead presentations and investment offering kick-off meetings
- Manage the sale of the investment interests, maintain records, produce status reports to management and ascertain all legal and regulatory requirements are followed for a successful close of the offerings
- Ability to work in a matrixed environment with multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal communication skills – both written and verbal
- Entrepreneurial mindset and ability to solve complex problems with creative solutions
- Depth of experience in conducting all phases of a private investment syndication process from initial stages through closing
- Understanding and ability to assess and confirm individual investor suitability for each project, accredited vs unaccredited investor definitions and requirements and ability to relay information appropriately to each prospect
- Intense understanding and appreciation of the health care services and securities industry regulatory, licensing and legal requirements, as related to the sale of investments to affiliated physicians, with the ability to anticipate and avoid conflicts
- Strong working knowledge of M&A valuation, transaction structuring, and deal terms
- Strong financial management, financial modeling, budgeting and analytical skills
- Self-Starter, with ability to immediately manage multiple transactions
- Possess an energetic mindset and have the experience to function quickly at full capacity, without the need for step-by-step instructions after a short ramp-up period
- Willing to travel 75% of the time
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills and proven track record in a budget driven environment
- Ability to manage challenging clients and situations and to resolve issues successfully
- Proven track record of working interdepartmentally and awareness of and sensitivity to cultural differences
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, sales, communications or equivalent combination of related education and experience required. MBA is preferred.
- At least 3 years’ experience in syndication and sales of private offerings and participation with negotiating transactions and leading the due diligence process
- Knowledge of C-Level suite sales, group dynamics, direct sales, customer maintenance techniques, negotiation skills, and the ability to effectively implement programs is preferred.
- Strong financial and analytical skills
- Good organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities effectively are required
- Strong understanding and experience with private securities settlement operations and systems
- Proactive, solutions oriented and highly responsive to both counterparty needs and internal requests
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including training and presentation skills, are required
- Strong work ethic, organized, and attention to detail
- Must have advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint (Microsoft Office Suite)
- Health Care industry experience is mandatory; oncology expertise a major plus
Option 1: Create a New Profile
Our executive team doesn’t hide the fact that they care. Patients come first. Period. It’s refreshing in today’s business environment to know that the bottom line is more than profits.
There’s nothing better than being part of a team that makes a difference in the world. Every person contributes to the quality of experience our patients and families have.
We prosper as a company when we grow as individuals. We are committed to being the best we can be by empowering our team members to grow personally and professionally.
Commit to something big
There are many benefits to being part of the e+CancerCare team – including competitive pay, health insurance, paid time off, 401(K), ongoing training, team member assistance program and service days. But at the end of the day, we believe the most important benefit is making a difference in the lives of our patients and their families.
I’ve been with e+ for over seven years. We’ve grown rapidly over that time but haven’t lost the family feeling. I love that any teammate in the company will help each other out to do what’s best for our patients.Chris Burgess, Vice President of Clinical Operations
I am surrounded by an awesome management team, nurses and peers. The home office gives us a lot of autonomy to do what's best for our patients, families and communities.Brittany Fortie, Lead Nurse, Oncologics and Lafayette General Hospital
You hear people say, ''we’re a family,' but at e+ it’s not just words, you actually feel it. Everybody is so happy and caring. I love working here and getting a chance to brighten the day for our patients and families.Jamie Gilbert, Patient Concierge, Oncologics, New Iberia