BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
- Job Title
- Network Engineer
- Requirement ID
- San Diego, CA
- Other Location
This position will support design, development and test efforts for an airborne tactical networking system and be responsible for ensuring the integrity and security of this system. Must have in-depth experience with Linux security protocols as well as virtualized systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information System, Engineering, Scientific, or related Technical Field from an accredited college or 5 years equivalent experience
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Experience installing and maintaining L2/L3 Networks
- Experience with Server Virtualization Technologies (VMware/Hyper-V/KVM)
- Experience configuring/troubleshooting Software Defined Networks
- Current US SECRET Clearance (or ability to get one)
- IAT II Certification within 6 months of start
- CCNA/Security certification
- CompTIA Security+
- RHCSA/RHCE certification
- Advanced knowledge of routing protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, RIP, BGP, PPOE, MANET)
- Experience with US Navy Communications Networks such as ADNS/ISNS/CANES
- Knowledge of Navy Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Information Systems (C4IR)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support client integration/test efforts
- Understand and implement router protocols including OSPF, EIGRP, RIP, BGP, PPoE, MANET, L2 Overlay, Multicast networks
- Develop network security architectures with HAIPE, IPSEC, TLS, and other protocols
- Support test and evaluation of network architecture
- Develop system interfaces
- Configure switch port and router settings
- WAN, LAN, WLAN, VOIP setup, and troubleshooting
- Configure, install, and maintain network security posture
- Implement IA controls
- Understand and ensure compliance with DoD RMF
- Implement high level designs in robust, maintainable software
- Work closely with the operational Project Management team to maintain successful development sprints and stay on schedule
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the work day.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will/may’ be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time / Exempt
Metronome offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status. Metronome LLC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants for employment, to assure that individuals with disabilities enjoy full access to equal employment opportunity (EEO). Metronome LLC shall provide reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities, unless Metronome can demonstrate that a particular accommodation would impose an undue hardship on business operations. Applicants requesting a reasonable accommodation may make a request by contacting us.
- Required Skills