BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Full Stack Web Developer II
- Job Title
- Full Stack Web Developer II
- Requirement ID
- San Diego, CA
- Other Location
This role will join our energetic and team-focused engineering team in developing innovative hardware/software solutions from initial prototype to final production and have a specific impact on the design and implementation of web software solutions. Must be a nimble self-starter who is excited about technology and web applications and has the ability to think out of the box and suggest powerful novel ideas.
Core Competencies: REQUIRED:
- US Citizenship is REQUIRED
- BS in an engineering field (Computer, Software, Math, Physics, Electrical, etc.)
- 5-7 years of experience in full stack software development
- Experience with data-driven Single Page web Applications (SPA) using frameworks such as React, Angular, Ember
- Experience with build tools (npm, gulp, sass, less)
- Thorough understanding of REST API concepts and conventions
- Functional ability with PostgreSQL databases and queries
- Experience with GIT
- Ability to obtain US Security clearance
- US Citizenship
- Experience working with Jquery, MVC architecture, Websockets, REST APIs, Responsive Web Design
- Experience with LESS/SASS. Handlebars, and Templating frameworks (e.g. Ember, React, Angular)
- Knowledge of open source technologies and protocols
- Experience with C/C++, and Python
- Experience with Linux OS
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience providing team leadership and mentoring to Jr developers
- Working knowledge of networking protocols and Linux DevOps processes including writing Python and Bash deployment scripts and setting up automated testing using Jenkins
- Linux OS experience
- Active US Secret clearance
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement advanced data-driven Single Page web applications and Node JS web servers and applications
- Work on multiple projects in an Agile Scrum workflow
- Develop software and the artifacts associated with software development
- Implement high level designs in robust, maintainable software
- Create modules, install software on target nodes, and deploy configuration files
- Design and develop real-time data applications (such as dashboard visualization, report generation and data review applications)
- Design and develop data polling/data pushing architectures
- Develop testing scripts
- Support functional and system level testing
- Support network design and configuration
- Design and develop client-side/server-side/database integration
- Use Fuse CM system software infrastructure (Git, Trac, Jenkins, Peer Reviews)
- Work closely with the operational Project Management team to maintain successful development sprints and stay on schedule
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the work day.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will/may’ be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time / Exempt
Metronome offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status. Metronome LLC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants for employment, to assure that individuals with disabilities enjoy full access to equal employment opportunity (EEO). Metronome LLC shall provide reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities, unless Metronome can demonstrate that a particular accommodation would impose an undue hardship on business operations. Applicants requesting a reasonable accommodation may make a request by contacting us.
- Required Skills