BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Research Development Engineer-Scientist
- Job Title
- Research Development Engineer-Scientist
- Requirement ID
- Springfield (North Fort Belvoir), VA
- Other Location
Required Security Clearance: TS/SCI
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in technology or the sciences, or industry-equivalent experience required.
Required Experience: see Qualifications
Will be part of a team running high-performance Radio Frequency (RF) modeling experiments on a variety of high-performance computing platforms in collaboration with an RF engineer.
- Managing the software installations and updates.
- Running scripts to perform experiments
- Gathering performance data, both accuracy and speed.
- Curating test data sets.
- Developing, installing, and managing Docker containers on single processing and multiprocessing architectures running a variety of Unix-based systems.
- Experience with Linux-based operating systems,
- Docker experience.
- Developing scripts in Unix shells and Python.
- Managing software installations on multiple platforms is required.
- Ability to obtain a CI Poly, (we will process)
- Experience in research computing environments is a plus.
- Working with RF and CAD modeling tools (XFdtd, Wireless Insite, Stingray, and SolidWorks) and familiarity with high-performance, multi-processing computing environment.
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the work day.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will/may’ be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time / Exempt
Metronome offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status. Metronome LLC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants for employment, to assure that individuals with disabilities enjoy full access to equal employment opportunity (EEO). Metronome LLC shall provide reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities, unless Metronome can demonstrate that a particular accommodation would impose an undue hardship on business operations. Applicants requesting a reasonable accommodation may make a request by contacting us.
- Required Skills